Alessandro Matri (11 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Couldn't agree more.

The ideal Juve strike force would be: Mirko with Gio as backup, a "top bomber" with Matri as backup.

Klin got this.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
How is a player that did jack shit most of the time he got subbed in a perfect substitute?

Edit: Just realized that whoever said it, used "backup". I guess he is good enough for that, but I don't think he would accept Padoins playing time.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
How is a player that did jack shit most of the time he got subbed in a perfect substitute?
Depends what you mean by "jack shit". Right now it's not his best of moments. It's not a secret. Last season, mainly Conte, killed any confidence he had. It's not easy being the team's best scorer and then get benched for Borriello for no particular reason. The man needs a goal badly, and while he's not been scoring lately, it's pretty easy to notice how the team tends to play better with him upfront. His movement gets the best out of Vucinic and MVP, mainly Pirlo.

I know what you're going to say. How is he the perfect substitute when he doesn't score? Every striker has moments like these, but as shown in his previous seasons, he'll start banging them goals again.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
Quag is way better as backup. Not speaking only of current form but overall. Matri just isn't a player who would come into a game and change it, he needs tons of opportunities, while Quag just needs one ball and that can be enough. Matri is more of a first team player (for a team of his quality range), but definitely not a backup.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Depends what you mean by "jack shit". Right now it's not his best of moments. It's not a secret. Last season, mainly Conte, killed any confidence he had. It's not easy being the team's best scorer and then get benched for Borriello for no particular reason. The man needs a goal badly, and while he's not been scoring lately, it's pretty easy to notice how the team tends to play better with him upfront. His movement gets the best out of Vucinic and MVP, mainly Pirlo.

I know what you're going to say. How is he the perfect substitute when he doesn't score? Every striker has moments like these, but as shown in his previous seasons, he'll start banging them goals again.
But wouldn't giving him an even clearer sign that he is gonna sit on the bench for most of the time, kill the little confidence that he has left? Right now he might have at least a remote chance that he can get in the first team - with arrival of a great first striker that chance decreases to zero.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Hand? You mean forearm?

I saw your post first without seeing the picture, and I was like "hmmm, hairy palms?"

Well now that Nargi is dating Pazzini, he'll get hairy hands too :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
But wouldn't giving him an even clearer sign that he is gonna sit on the bench for most of the time, kill the little confidence that he has left? Right now he might have at least a remote chance that he can get in the first team - with arrival of a great first striker that chance decreases to zero.
Not necessarily. The problem is that you're only thinking of Matri in the last couple of months.

Damn his hand is hairy compared to the rest.
Isn't that normal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)