Alessandro Matri (86 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:agree:

Look, I love Quagliarella, he seems like a really nice lad and is a decent player, but lets be honest here, we all know that out of these two its clearly Matri who is of more use to this club in the long run. I don't think Quags will ever properly recover (physically and mentally) from that horrible injury he suffered back in early 2011.
Totally agree. I really like the guy too, but the facts remain that Q has always been an inconsistent player, and Matri has been the more prolific scorer in each of the past 3 seasons - and he's younger. It's also true that while Quagliarella may be the more versatile player between the two, Matri's skill-set allows our coach greater tactical flexibility; he can better provide that clear target up front, and lead the line... and, imo, he's the only player we have right now who has the physicality to consistently perform in that role.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Oh but but he doesn't score goals, he misses chances, he's shit, sell him :cry:

Forget about his match winning/saving goals against Siena, Fiorentina, Lecce, Udinese and Milan last season, he fucking sucks cause Hustini says so :cry:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Totally agree. I really like the guy too, but the facts remain that Q has always been an inconsistent player, and Matri has been the more prolific scorer in each of the past 3 seasons - and he's younger. It's also true that while Quagliarella may be the more versatile player between the two, Matri's skill-set allows our coach greater tactical flexibility; he can better provide that clear target up front, and lead the line... and, imo, he's the only player we have right now who has the physicality to consistently perform in that role.
:tup: very well said

It just makes zero sense to sell our only natural out and out striker. We are overloaded with SS, if we are to sign this coveted "top striker" we're still gonna need a back up for him and Matri is pretty much the perfect fit.

I think the perfect time for Matri to depart is if/when Ciro Immobile comes back to the club, and we have another young baby-bomber striker again.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh but but he doesn't score goals, he misses chances, he's shit, sell him :cry:

Forget about his match winning/saving goals against Siena, Fiorentina, Lecce, Udinese and Milan last season, he fucking sucks cause Hustini says so :cry:
lol

Borriello also had some winners, but thats not food for thought for you is it?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Borriello had one match winning goal for us.

Matri won us 13 points broseph, should have been 16 if they didn't disallow his "first" goal against Bbilan. Not bad at all.
Point being, here is a lot of players have won us points yet some are much better than others...doesn't mean we need to keep them all.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
riiiiight, but let's go masturbate over a midget who hasn't done jack shit for Juve.
Who is masturbating over a midget?

Its not OK to be excited to have a good player back at Juve but it IS ok to be excited over 3 friendly goals?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Point being, here is a lot of players have won us points yet some are much better than others...doesn't mean we need to keep them all.
Think its a bit stupid to get rid of our best striker (for the past two seasons)...I don't buy this whole "he doesn't fit into Contes plans" bullshit either. Matri has showed his effectiveness in both of Conte's main formations. ITs just for some inane reason last season, he felt that Borriello (rofl) could do a better job as a target man, which was easily Conte's biggest fuck up of last season...thankfully it didn't cost us the Scudetto.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Think its a bit stupid to get rid of our best striker (for the past two seasons)...I don't buy this whole "he doesn't fit into Contes plans" bullshit either. Matri has showed his effectiveness in both of Conte's main formations. ITs just for some inane reason last season, he felt that Borriello (rofl) could do a better job as a target man, which was easily Conte's biggest fuck up of last season...thankfully it didn't cost us the Scudetto.
Look, my only beef is consistency and missing easy chances.

A change in tactics and some new players around him might do him a world of wonders. Perhaps his confidence will grow and the goals will come. Who knows.

If I'm wrong then it's up to matri to show it. Like I said, I will apologize when it happens.

At this point we need consistency in front of goal and hopefully no one is disputing that.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What an amazing finish on that second goal :p

This guy might be the most underrated player on the forum. Yeah, he's far from perfect, but he's easily worth holding on to for depth.

Quagliarella's time at Juventus should clearly be coming to an end. I like him, but he's gotta be the odd man out here.
So underrated. I'm beginning to think some of the posters would've dissed Trez because his "link-up play" wasn't good. Ten goals in half a season, with a huge majority of them being very important and some still want him sold. :disagree:

Quag should be sold before we feel sorry for the guy. We should keep Matri!
Definitely. Quag is cool but that's about it. He's a midtable player. Matri will be the perfect backup for the top striker we get, and if not he's still a really really good and solid striker.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Good matri, good.

U are our striker man! Continue scoring goal!. The season is long and for the amount of games we will have, matri and the supposed new striker will have their hands full, so im not worried.

He needs to keep the pace! Forza!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
And suddenly Matri is popular again? lol
I hope he scores a brace every other game, just so we can see the reactions on here every week.

Week 1: No goals

Forum: "He sucks, sell his ass!"

Week 2: Brace

Forum: "Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!"

Andrea: "Let's get Rossi"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)