Alessandro Matri (72 Viewers)

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
He's still miles ahead of what we have as a main striker. Boriello is, well, Boriello. Quag is a supporting striker, as is Alex and Vucinic. I don't get why he doesn't start at the moment.

Apr 29, 2006
If we can get 20+ for Matri - sell. I love him and would say that he is our most consistent forward (and the best imho after Ale), but for this kind of money we could get someone much, much better. Considering we would have more money for wages after Amauri Van Basten and co. are gone and this could mean two new CFs. Or certainly two wide forwards - Jojo, Lavezzi, Hulk, Suarez... Suarez would be great imho - he can play any position in the attack - him and Cavani and next season would be one of the old 'boring' ones - 19 teams in italy fighting for 2nd place and Juve... :seven:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I wonder how many goals would Matri scored if he was given more playing time. IMO, Conte's only mistake this season is not playing him regularly.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
I don't know what he's actually capable of achieving, but i hope we'll keep him.
Just buy a WC CF and have Matri as a sub, i think he'll do just fine when he's called upon.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The thing with Matri is that having 2 bad games in a row doesn't mean he will just dip in form and keep playing like that, he will pop up with a goal the week after.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Exactly.

And every time he had a bad first half, Conte took him out in like the 65th minute. As I said before, if Matri starts all games (or most), we would have scored much more goals.

Getting Borriello in January was a big mistake.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Yup. It can't be because of ability that Boriello and Quag are selected ahead of him. Must be something else behind the scenes, surely. Same deal with Elia, although of course there have been rumours about his non-selection, such as lacking tactical awareness, fitness and such.

The only player that Conte has commented on regarding non-selection was probably Krasic and the deal with him not being good enough at taking the ball in traffic.

Until we get a WC CF we should have Matri starting every game.

Jul 1, 2010
Yup. It can't be because of ability that Boriello and Quag are selected ahead of him. Must be something else behind the scenes, surely. Same deal with Elia, although of course there have been rumours about his non-selection, such as lacking tactical awareness, fitness and such.

The only player that Conte has commented on regarding non-selection was probably Krasic and the deal with him not being good enough at taking the ball in traffic.

Until we get a WC CF we should have Matri starting every game.
Quag's link up play and his overall play is way better. Matri is the better finisher, though.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Quag's link up play and his overall play is way better. Matri is the better finisher, though.
Totally agree. But doesn't change the fact that we shouldn't be playing without an out and out CF, which we've been doing recently. Both Quag and Vuci are support strikers and excel when playing off someone. And that someone can't be our admittedly sweet fucking midfield every game :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)