Alessandro Matri - ST - Cagliari (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
It would, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with splashing the money asked for him. He isn't really outperforming Aquefresca or Nene in Caglari. Inter had signed Pazzini for 12M + a worthless player, and we're getting Matri for the same amount? Matri is a good player for rotatation imo and Milan bound, he wants his papa Allegri bad, but anything above 7M is a straight rip-off.
At this point, I'd be happy with anyone who could put the ball in the back of the net. Luca Toni might have made a difference but he's injured. I just don't see us finishing higher than 7th place without a good striker. If it means 10 million, so be it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Matri? Oh please not this again. The next striker we buy, lets try to do this right this time so we won't have to come back a year later and do this all over again.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Matri is amazing. He is the archetypal modern striker. He can do it all really. He has two great feet, is fantastic in the air, and he can create his own shot, not to mention that he is a menace in the box, and has a wicked shot which enables him to take killer free kicks.

Given his abilities, and astounding scoring record, I am surprised Cagliari are even willing to let him go, and in a season where they are threatening to break into the top 4 thanks to Matri's exploits.

We should try and wrap up this deal quickly, before other teams start competing against us and vying for his signature. Teams like Udinese, Scunthorpe United, and Bangkok Glass FC will join the fray sooner or later, and potentially price us out of a move for this glorious striker.

Jul 13, 2010
Matri is amazing. He is the archetypal modern striker. He can do it all really. He has two great feet, is fantastic in the air, and he can create his own shot, not to mention that he is a menace in the box, and has a wicked shot which enables him to take killer free kicks.

Given his abilities, and astounding scoring record, I am surprised Cagliari are even willing to let him go, and in a season where they are threatening to break into the top 4 thanks to Matri's exploits.

We should try and wrap up this deal quickly, before other teams start competing against us and vying for his signature. Teams like Udinese, Scunthorpe United, and Bangkok Glass FC will join the fray sooner or later, and potentially price us out of a move for this glorious striker.
sarcasm?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Your humour has no limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)