Alessandro Del Piero Vs Fabrizio Miccoli (1 Viewer)

OP
Modo Bianconero
May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #62
    Alessandro Del Piero has answered his Italy critics with a winning goal in Moldova as they maintain their 100 per cent record in qualifying .

Marcello Lippi made five changes from the side that beat Norway 2-1 at the weekend, removing both goalscorers Daniele De Rossi and Luca Toni. Alessandro Del Piero made his comeback after missing that opener with a calf problem, while Massimo Ambrosini, Andrea Pirlo and Aimo Diana also stepped in. Gianluca Zambrotta was returned to a fullback role, while Stefano Fiore, Giuseppe Favalli and Fabrizio Miccoli sat on the bench.

The tie was moved to Chisinau due to security fears, but the heavy rainfall made the pitch difficult to play passing football on.

Italy had an incredible chance to open the scoring on 4 minutes when Gilardino managed to hook a loose ball back towards the unmarked Diana, but he hit it with his shin and turned over an open goal from six yards.

Moldova were aggressive and Alessandro Nesta needed all of his pace to catch Covalciuc and neutralise his counter-attack. Soon after they found space down the left flank and Rogaciov's angled drive was just wide of the far post.

A great team move on the edge of the box saw Del Piero earn a corner, and on the resulting Pirlo set-piece Del Piero's glancing header struck the far post with the goalkeeper beaten.
    Zambrotta almost took full advantage of a defensive error, only for Catinsus to close him down as he was preparing to pull the trigger.

Yet it was Moldova who went even closer on the half-hour mark when Buffon parried a diving Covalciuc header on to the post, then scrambled it back just as it was on top of the line. The local fans insisted it had already crossed over, but replays show the ball had not completely gone into the goal.

Italy survived the scare and broke the deadlock two minutes later with Alessandro Del Piero. Gilardino did well to draw two defenders away and cut across for the captain who placed a precise low left-foot drive into the far corner of the net. It was the much-criticised Juve man's first Italy goal from open play since June 2003.
    It was so nearly 2-0 a few moments later, as a team move that included Del Piero, Gilardino and Marco Materazzi was headed inches wide by Diana. Then Daniele Bonera hit his low cross a bit too hard, leaving both Gilardino and Del Piero stranded.

Buffon was called into the first save of the second half as he flew across the face of goal to push out a fierce Lascenov free kick. On the resulting corner Bursuc fired inches wide of the upright.

Gattuso's ambitious chip was plucked out of the top corner by Hmaruc, then the Milan midfielder was hacked down by Dadu, who was booked within minutes of stepping on to the pitch.

Lippi made his first substitution with just 17 minutes to go, replacing Ambrosini with fullback Massimo Oddo and pushing Zambrotta back into midfield.

Dadu was an unsuccessful substitute for Moldova, as he picked up two yellow cards in the 15 minutes he spent on the field.

Luca Toni, who bagged the winner against Norway on Saturday, took over from Gilardino for the closing stages of the game.

Del Piero continued to impress and his acrobatic volley was pushed out with some difficulty by a Hmaruc reaction save . Manuele Blasi replaced Daniele Bonera to shore up the midfield in the final minutes. Deep into stoppages, Gattuso and Materazzi combined to block Moldova's last ditch attempt at an equaliser following a defensive error.

Italy: Buffon; Bonera (Blasi 83), Materazzi, Nesta, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Ambrosini (Oddo 73), Pirlo, Diana; Del Piero , Gilardino (Toni 79)

I like my posts colorful :fero:

OP
    Modo Bianconero
    May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #63
    Fabrizio Miccoli sat on the bench.

i cant believe i forgot to highlight this ... dats wht da thread is for.... miccoli back as a big part of da team .... werever you go boy... position is benchwarmer .. as long as delpiero is there

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
    Del Piero oWn3d Miccoli today.

Haha.

I HATE the haters of him. S h i t. Give the guy a chance still.
    He saved the azzurri today.

So many haters, then he will come up big, and they all give him more shit, saying how it was a fluke or this or that, Miccoli would have scored 2, bla bla bla. Im sick of it.

forza del

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Let's not forget that Miccoli was good when he got his chance against Norway on Saturday. He didn't score, but he was impressive. I'm not taking anything away from Del Piero though. I'm extremely happy for him and hope that he reproduces this form on a regular basis in the Serie A and proves that he deserves a first team shirt.

OP
    Modo Bianconero
    May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Let's not forget that Miccoli was good when he got his chance against Norway on Saturday
    not forgetting about it .. already forgot this thread is dedicated for del piero fcuking miccoli over for having a big twisted mouth... soo.. becnhwarmer bambino miccoli shuld reely visit this site

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm not sure that partnership would work given the size of the two players in question but I've always wanted to see Del Piero and Miccoli working their magic together behind a big target man like Vieri or Trezeguet. 'Tis a pity Lippi has other ideas.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
    Del Piero oWn3d Miccoli today.

Haha.

I HATE the haters of him. S h i t. Give the guy a chance still.
    He saved the azzurri today.

So many haters, then he will come up big, and they all give him more shit, saying how it was a fluke or this or that, Miccoli would have scored 2, bla bla bla. Im sick of it.

forza del
    He didn't only own, he also PWNED. :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    as long as del piero is still regularly being selected for the NT there is no reason for him to retire imo.

if it comes to a day when he doesn't even make the bench then i'm sure everyone will understand if he wants to concentrate just on juve,but for the moment no.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    as long as del piero is still regularly being selected for the NT there is no reason for him to retire imo.

if it comes to a day when he doesn't even make the bench then i'm sure everyone will understand if he wants to concentrate just on juve,but for the moment no.
    Exactly

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm going to wait and see how DP does this and next year before talking about Germany 2006.

OP
    Modo Bianconero
    May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #77
    HAIL TO THE KING *****EZ

Alessandro Del Piero, Italy’s goalscoring hero last night, is confident he will have a successful season for both club and country.

The No 10 netted the winner in the World Cup qualifier against Moldova which he believes bodes well for the future.

"It was an important strike and I’ve been looking to score a crucial goal for some time," he stated.

"Everyone saw how happy I was and now I’m a lot more relaxed than in the past.

"All the signs are there to suggest that I will have a great season for the Azzurri and Juventus."

The attacker actually hadn’t scored for his country from open play since 11 June 2001, in a 2-0 win away to Finland.

Although the Azzurri didn’t overly impress on Wednesday evening, the most important factor was that they won.

"We needed another victory," he continued. "The players and the Coach were desperate for the three points.

"We should have finished off the game in the first half but it doesn’t matter now. We got the points and everyone is smiling."

Del Piero is now expected to be in action on Sunday when Juventus open the new season at Brescia.

However, it is unclear at this stage whether Alex will partner David Trezeguet or Zlatan Ibrahimovic in attack.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    The media have gone from one extent to another. The other day they were making Alex out to be useless, washed up, and so on, now all of a sudden he's a hero?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I understand that he has 'answered his critics' but all he did was score against Moldova. He deserves praise, but people are making it seem like he just led a team to a championship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)