Alessandro Del Piero Vs Fabrizio Miccoli (1 Viewer)

OP
Modo Bianconero
May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    Sprry miccoli ... thank you come again !!!

Lippi opts for Del Piero

Alex Del Piero is expected to partner Bernardo Corradi in Wednesday’s World Cup qualifier against Moldova.

The Juventus ace didn’t feature in the 2-1 win over Norway at the weekend but he’s set to return to the side after shaking off an injury.

"I’m feeling good and I’m happy with my physical condition," said the No 10. "That is the only thing that interests me."

The Azzurri completed their first training session in Moldova last night where some clues were left by boss Marcello Lippi.

Del Piero was tried in attack alongside Corradi, which suggests they will be Italy’s striking duo tomorrow evening.

Lippi has already admitted that he could make up to five changes to the side that won on Saturday.

Most of the alterations are likely to take place in midfield with Aimo Diana, Massimo Ambrosini and Andrea Pirlo all in contention for a starting shirt.

There is also the possibility that Gianluca Zambrotta could be used as a left-back again after playing in midfield against Norway.

If that happens then expect Stefano Fiore to be fielded on the left of midfield rather than the right.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    DP is also having number 10 tomorrow :D :D :D LOVELY!!!!

I hope he snatches the shirt from jävla Totti :pissed:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I know he played with 10 before, but I think he always starts with 7 now. Even though Totti is absent and his no.10 could go to Ale. I think Gilardino or so will get the no.10-shirt.

OP
    Modo Bianconero
    May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    Del Piero in, De Rossi out

Alex Del Piero will start against Moldova on Wednesday but the bench awaits for Daniele De Rossi.

Boss Marcello Lippi has confirmed that the No 10 will return to the line up after missing the Norway game.

"I will make five changes to the team that faced Norway and Del Piero will start," said the Coach.

"Everyone here wants to prove a point and many of the players got that chance at the weekend.

"Alex didn’t though as he was recovering from a slight fitness problem. He can demonstrate his ability tomorrow."

Yet midfielder De Rossi, who marked his debut with a goal against the Scandinavians, is set to be dropped despite his impressive display.

"I’ve taken into consideration a lot of elements with regards to the changes," continued Lippi.

"It could do a player of 21 years good to be left out of the side after playing so well. You need courage to give these players a chance but you also need to look after them."

The Azzurri started their World Cup campaign with a victory and Lippi is eager for a second consecutive win.

"If we can be as focused as the last game and we don’t snub Moldova then we can end these ten days of hard work with six points," he concluded.

Lippi was giving little away with regards to his probable starting XI by mixing up his squad in their final open training session.

Italy possible: Buffon; Bonera, Nesta, Materazzi, Favalli; Diana, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Zambrotta, Del Piero, Corradi

OP
    Modo Bianconero
    May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    Gigi Buffon has revealed that he may quit the game when his current contract at Juventus expires.

The No 1 is tied to the Delle Alpi outfit until 2009 and he seems ready to end his career with the Turin giants.

"It is difficult to improve on Juventus," said the Italy ace. "I have a contract with the Bianconeri until 2009 and that could be enough for me.

"At this moment in time I have no desire to play abroad either, as I’m not curious about football outside of Italy."

Looking ahead to the new campaign, the former Parma shot-stopper is convinced that the Scudetto will be won by Milan, Inter or Juve.

"It will be a three horse race," he continued. "Juventus? We perhaps lacked character last season. This time though we will also have a 100 per cent Alex Del Piero."
    Buffon will next be in action this evening as he will guard the Azzurri goal in the World Cup qualifier at Moldova.

"There is a good mix of young players and experience here now," he noted. "There is a good spirit too. Now all we need are the results."

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Buffon really loves Del Piero eh, just like Zambrotta. Those two would die for their captain.. I guess Del Piero must be great in training :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)