Alessandro Del Piero Vs Fabrizio Miccoli (2 Viewers)

May 30, 2004
Italy’s Alessandro Del Piero will be available for Saturday’s World Cup qualifier against Norway.

The Juventus ace has been struggling with a calf problem for most of the week, which had worried boss Marcello Lippi.

However, the No 10 trained this morning and took part in a small practice game later in the day.

Del Piero is now in contention to begin the Palermo tie even if Lippi may decide to start him on the bench instead.

Alex seems to be in competition with Fabrizio Miccoli, his now former Juve teammate, for the second striker shirt.

So who will be the second striker for the italian national team.. this is a showdown.... rooting for delpiero all the way to surprise us all and not only take da striker spot but also deserve it .. lippi should be fair about this .. may the better striker win

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amiri79

Sep 2, 2004
I was about to raise the issue of Del Piero. And his injuries to be more accurate.

I think his time has gone my friends; Juve should have sold him last summer or 2 summers ago when the foreign clubs were willing to spend huge amounts of cash for him (something like Zidane deal).

He is so prone to injuries and he can no longer make it anymore with the success he used to play. Di Vaio and Miccoli should have stayed and Del Piero should have gone.

At least this is my humble opinion. I know he is an idol of yours but the reality is something completely different.

OP
Modo Bianconero
May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    i dont kno abou you guys .. i think he will come back hopefully this season .. just as soon as the media redirect their attention at some one else and pressure some one else instead .. del piero is del piero.. he just needs something ... who knows wht it i .. but lets hope he finds it be4 its too late .. he doesnt have much time left

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    I agree to a certain point, but it would be to sad to see DP in another big club, it would been horrible, he is a symbol and a leader for Juve, and we most not underestimate that, because he affects the whole team to play good. He wont play every game from now on, since Zlatan has joined, but he is important to have outside of matches too.

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
    del piero is past it. dont forget hes 29/30.

were definitely gonna need another striker...del piero is not gonna last the whole season without getting injured :rofl:

im tired of expecting so much from del piero. but ive realised he is not the player he once was.

Jun 7, 2003
    I think Lippi knows Del Piero very well. Lippi knows how worth Del Piero is. Del Piero was his captain in Juve. Miccoli should try to get Vieri's place in the squadra azzuri. Miccoli hasn't the skills and quality of Del Piero.

I hope Lippi will give back the number 10 to Del Piero. :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I think it is the right time for Del Piero to eat it and retire.

This way he maybe will not be injured as often and can consentrate on Juventus.

OP
    Modo Bianconero
    May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    umm many many opinions but da point is who will get da spot in danational team miccoli or del piero !?!?!? tommorow italy plays norway .. if anyone has da starting lineup .. post it here

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I don't like Miccoli in the Italian NT anymore. Someone that has so little class as Miccoli shouldn't be in, he can damage the team IMO. What if Lippi benches Miccoli for Del Piero in the future? Hell would break out..

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    I don't like Miccoli in the Italian NT anymore. Someone that has so little as Miccoli shouldn't be in, he can damage the team IMO. What if Lippi benches Miccoli for Del Piero in the future? Hell would break out..

this things happen when coaches dont think for themselves

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    del piero should just retire from the national team. when there are many players like cassano and miccoli coming through...he should accept that he isnt the future of the team.

as for miccoli, he has opened his mouth the last few days so it should be interesting if he doesnt back it up.

liquid

Sep 4, 2004
    i think delpiero could still make the national team. Maby now he will realize that he has to work to get selected and he will recover his conditioning.

chivo

Sep 4, 2004
    cassano and miccoli still have no point of comparison with del piero. del piero is not only one of the most skillful players in the world, he also has a leadership and a weight in Italy's attack that no one else has. if even camoranesi is in the national team... why wouldn't del piero be in it?

lippi has made more mistakes as he's come to age. i still like him but i don't know whether to trust him or not

chivo

Sep 4, 2004
    i'm going to fail trigonometry next week

i blame cassano ( and legrotaigle too even if he's no matter of talk in this forum

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Amiri79 ] ++
    I was about to raise the issue of Del Piero. And his injuries to be more accurate.

I think his time has gone my friends; Juve should have sold him last summer or 2 summers ago when the foreign clubs were willing to spend huge amounts of cash for him (something like Zidane deal).

He is so prone to injuries and he can no longer make it anymore with the success he used to play. Di Vaio and Miccoli should have stayed and Del Piero should have gone.

At least this is my humble opinion. I know he is an idol of yours but the reality is something completely different.
    i agree totally:thumb:

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Im So pissed that miccoli left this year. He is one of my fav players. Im giving alex one more chance. If he doesnt perform well this season (im not asking for old form) but perform a decent season, im for selling him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)