Albin Ekdal (49 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Many happy returns to Ekdal
July 28, 2011

Today, Albin Ekdal turns 22. The Swedish midfielder joined up with Juventus at the end of the last season following his experience in Bologna and he’s currently inserted in the group which is working every day in Vinovo, waiting for the team coming back from their America tour.

We send our best wishes to Albin, from Juventus and all our supporters.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
How highly would you rate him, Tak? In the bit of games I've seen from him, he's just a sound player- an average, run-of-the-mill Serie A player.
I can't disagree, right now he's a decent backup player but naturally not a starter in Juve. In a show in Sweden he spoke about his future and the guy who interviewed him tried to convince him to stay in Juve (he's a Juve fan). Anyway, Ekdal didn't need any convincing and was determined to try his best and succeed in Juve.

I think he can become a very good rotational player for Juve. Maybe not a starter but a interesting backup, perhaps third of fourth choice. Right now I rate Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and (maybe) Pazienza higher but after next season I might rate him higher. It all depends on how he develops. He's a smart player with no real speciality and I think this is why he isn't that popular. A younger Marchisio but with more leadership in him and maybe a bit less running deep. I'm curious of what he can become. Right know I consider him a bit too shy on the pitch, he needs be more resolute and he needs to be played in a role he can succeed.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I can't disagree, right now he's a decent backup player but naturally not a starter in Juve. In a show in Sweden he spoke about his future and the guy who interviewed him tried to convince him to stay in Juve (he's a Juve fan). Anyway, Ekdal didn't need any convincing and was determined to try his best and succeed in Juve.

I think he can become a very good rotational player for Juve. Maybe not a starter but a interesting backup, perhaps third of fourth choice. Right now I rate Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and (maybe) Pazienza higher but after next season I might rate him higher. It all depends on how he develops. He's a smart player with no real speciality and I think this is why he isn't that popular. A younger Marchisio but with more leadership in him and maybe a bit less running deep. I'm curious of what he can become. Right know I consider him a bit too shy on the pitch, he needs be more resolute and he needs to be played in a role he can succeed.
:tup: I think he could've been given the chance ahead of Pazienza.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
i missed you guys :heart: and i'll be around for a couple of months

and tak,ekdal in SWE u21 played in the centre of the midfield in a 4-4-2.i can give you a link to check it by yourself
No worries I saw the games, and yes he played in the centre of the pitch. He was still used as a DM. Gustav Svensson who was his replacement him was also deployed as DM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)