Albin Ekdal (63 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I'd like to keep him and give him a year in the first team as fifth cm. Pirlo will get injured sooner or later which brings him up a spot. With our habit of injuries I'm sure he'll at least get some chances to prove himself. Unless someone hunks up at least 5 mln I'd like him to stay. We say we want to "grow our on players" but we instantly hand them away. I don't really see the point of having our youth teams if we don't use them. Maybe Albin won't turn out to be the player I want him to become but I want to give our talented youngsters a fair chance. The only real ones we've given these past 10-15 years is Marchisio, De Ceglie, Miccoli and a couple of else. However the list of players made it from our youth acadamy to other serie-a clubs and other foreign clubs is endless.

Eventually if I were a promising youngster I had a choice between Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Barca etcetera and Juve I'd act rational and chose i.e. Pool 'cause they give their youth players a real chance to prove themself. This is also why Pool recently has been able to get some very promising youngsters. Each and every one of them has commented their choice with the argument that they'd get a chance if they continued to prove themself in Pools youth team. Prove yourself in Juve and if you're lucky you'll be sold 50 procent to some random club and never to return.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
seriously,why?he had plenty of chances in bologna and siena
his last season stats are 24appearances-1goal and 1 assist.is this what you expect from a midfielder playmaker or box-to-box midfielder?i dont think so,do you prefer to see him rot in bench rather than cash him in?
he was a hot prospect,we sign him for 600k and we can still make profit of him.my opinion,sell him for 3-4mln.i dont care.He's just not good for Juve.Next please.

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
I have not been following juve since long , Kun brings me to juventus :) when i first read the name it sounded like the barca player who had some head operation :p

I go forza liverpool because my ex got me into the team.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
seriously,why?he had plenty of chances in bologna and siena
his last season stats are 24appearances-1goal and 1 assist.is this what you expect from a midfielder playmaker or box-to-box midfielder?i dont think so,do you prefer to see him rot in bench rather than cash him in?
he was a hot prospect,we sign him for 600k and we can still make profit of him.my opinion,sell him for 3-4mln.i dont care.He's just not good for Juve.Next please.
He was played in a position he really shouldn't be playing in. Albin is a deep lying midfielder, in Bologna he played behind Di Vaio. It's like playing Melo as SS. I'm just tired of seeing every talent we bring in and up for the past 20 years getting thrown away. Today everyone knows that going to Juve when you're below age 23 you will throw your career away. Fine, sell Albin and make a "profit". I don't see any reason what so ever to each year fetch young talents and have a youth acadamy. Our youths are and have been very good but to what use... I do however think Albin's good enough for the bench.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I have not been following juve since long , Kun brings me to juventus :) when i first read the name it sounded like the barca player who had some head operation :p

I go forza liverpool because my ex got me into the team.
Btw what are you talking about? :D

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
He was played in a position he really shouldn't be playing in. Albin is a deep lying midfielder, in Bologna he played behind Di Vaio. It's like playing Melo as SS. I'm just tired of seeing every talent we bring in and up for the past 20 years getting thrown away. Today everyone knows that going to Juve when you're below age 23 you will throw your career away. Fine, sell Albin and make a "profit". I don't see any reason what so ever to each year fetch young talents and have a youth acadamy. Our youths are and have been very good but to what use... I do however think Albin's good enough for the bench.
he mostly played as a left midfielder or behind the strikers in a 4-3-1-2,and that's is not called being played out of position...btw your example with melo is wrong.Ekdal is a centre midfielder with a good passing ability.that's all.the only think we can do is sell him and make a profit right now.he didnt prove that he deserves to play for juve in his 2 years in siena and bologna.and when you have 10 centre midfielders in your books right now,no,ekdal is not good for the bench.he has no future here.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
he mostly played as a left midfielder or behind the strikers in a 4-3-1-2,and that's is not called being played out of position...btw your example with melo is wrong.Ekdal is a centre midfielder with a good passing ability.that's all.the only think we can do is sell him and make a profit right now.he didnt prove that he deserves to play for juve in his 2 years in siena and bologna.and when you have 10 centre midfielders in your books right now,no,ekdal is not good for the bench.he has no future here.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
In Swedish national u21 he's played every game as DM and in Swedish national team he challanging for the DM position. No one here in Sweden as far as I know sees him for anything else than DM. Putting a DM as LM or SS/Treq is out of position. Put Sissoko, Melo or whoever you want there and they will fail. Ekdal didn't even fail he just wasn't awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)