Albin Ekdal (23 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I assumed that everyone could understand how we have moved from a central focused attack to a wide based attack...hence my annoyance at losing one of more talented young wide players. And also, Momo and Melo are not great on the ball, so we lose tiago, poulsen and now ekdal, who are all more comfortable on the ball. Those are my problems with their departures. But yes, I am not at all yet looking sourly upon our new management...that would change though, if diego was sold. But I highly doubt that will happen, considering he has been our most useful creative spark in our games so far this summer.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Diego can't be sold right now. There is a substantial difference in this team between when he plays and when he doesn't. He has been our best player in pre-season.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I assumed that everyone could understand how we have moved from a central focused attack to a wide based attack...hence my annoyance at losing one of more talented young wide players. And also, Momo and Melo are not great on the ball, so we lose tiago, poulsen and now ekdal, who are all more comfortable on the ball. Those are my problems with their departures. But yes, I am not at all yet looking sourly upon our new management...that would change though, if diego was sold. But I highly doubt that will happen, considering he has been our most useful creative spark in our games so far this summer.
I think the all co ownership for our young players is to see if they capable to hold regular first team and made impact in serie A. If they don't, we still can get money for their 50% to invest for really good player (proven).

and for our current starter (especially midfield), I hope they can make good impression this season. So if the right offer come, we still can get good sum of money.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Perfect term for that Bidone d'Oro category.

Good grief. Everytime we sell off a youth player who's nothing more special than we see in camp every season, it's like we're giving away the greatest youth prospect since Eusebio. But if we were to approach a team like Siena or Bologna to buy rights to a player just like him, the same people would be complaining, "He's not Juve material!"

This reminds me of a psychological phenomenon where people more highly value their own home when selling it while greatly undervaluing it if they're buying the same home from someone else.

If we followed these opinions all the time, we'd have nothing but a team of Palladinos.
It's not about that.

Ekdal showed some potential at Siena. With us now basically having three central midfielders if we assume Tiago will be sold, we should have kept Ekdal. And even if another player is brought in, we should have kept Ekdal for the 5th spot.

There isn't any reason to squeeze a little profit out of the player at this point when he might offer us something. Like I said before, it's like we're trading securities here for whatever profit we can gain. This isn't Goldman Sach's trading desk here, it's Juventus. We have a team that needs players to compete.

Now watch us bring in a Brighi for 5M instead. WTF is the point of that?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if Tiago ends up sticking around this season.

It would be dumb because Poulsen or Ekdal would have been better and both are gone when the ballerina should have been sold first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)