Albin Ekdal (51 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exactly, being against loans period is just laughable and it's pretty clear why the user Hustini is suddenly preaching about how useless they are. Could it be that he is "influenced" by a certain poster?

There are cases where loans make perfect sense, and this is one of them.
:rolleyes2 Puhhhleeeeeeze, I mean, you could TRY to not look like a jackass with that post, but instead you let it all hang out.

How many times do Barca or Arsenal, teams with better youth programs than ours, loan their players?

Not much, if at all.

And if you don't want to use other big clubs as an example, smaller clubs have a problem with keeping their better players through the loaning system. Many players get poached because bigger teams can bring them in and loan them out so they don't necessarily remain in the team or even in the books. If I was a fan of a more localized club, I would be against loans 100%, just like I am now, because IMO it's bad news for the sport.

This whole system is akin to loaning out your kids to other parents just for them to get more experience being grown up. Well, sorry to say, but sometimes your kids will come back a bit fucked up.

Now, that is my opinion, and Hustini has his. If you or Osman have problems with that, then it's just your fucking problem.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How many times do Barca or Arsenal, teams with better youth programs than ours, loan their players?

Not much, if at all.
Rubbish, Arsenal do it a lot. Fran Merida, Henri Lansbury, Carlos Vela, Alexandre Song, Kieran Gibbs, Armand Traore, Nicklas Bendtner to mention players still there. Barcelona have a B team for their young players to play in, Juventus do not.

Loaning young players is the best way for them to develope, especially as Italy has no reserve league.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007

Not much, if at all.
Arsenal Players out on loan:
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (at Blackpool), Henri Lansbury (at Watford). Jay Simpson (at Queens Park Rangers until July 2010), Håvard Nordtveit (at Nürnberg),Pedro Botelho (at Celta Vigo)

Rubbish, Arsenal do it a lot. Fran Merida, Henri Lansbury, Carlos Vela, Alexandre Song, Kieran Gibbs, Armand Traore, Nicklas Bendtner to mention players still there. Barcelona have a B team for their young players to play in, Juventus do not.

Loaning young players is the best way for them to develope, especially as Italy has no reserve league.
:agree: don't forget to add Johan Djourou in that list

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
he played a part in Siena's home draw with Livorno...replacing the angry captain in the second half. As to how he played...I have no idea. But at least he did nothing wretched, and half hour or so in a Serie A game, is good news for us and the player...I see that Daud is starting for Crotone. Not scoring yet, or is he??? I just want to see these loaned players on the pitch, gaining minutes and the experience they were sent out to seek.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
he played a part in Siena's home draw with Livorno...replacing the angry captain in the second half. As to how he played...I have no idea. But at least he did nothing wretched, and half hour or so in a Serie A game, is good news for us and the player...I see that Daud is starting for Crotone. Not scoring yet, or is he??? I just want to see these loaned players on the pitch, gaining minutes and the experience they were sent out to seek.
I want to see these highly vulnerable players where they belong...at juventus, gaining minutes where they can be coached and monitored by us. Playing scattered minutes here and there for a small club.....:sergio:

Ah hell, I won't open this can of worms again:snoop:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I want to see these highly vulnerable players where they belong...at juventus, gaining minutes where they can be coached and monitored by us. Playing scattered minutes here and there for a small club.....:sergio:

The way we have been playing this season, I would have to agree with you, mr H. Though I am not at all against Loans of young players...it only makes sense to loan out talented youngsters when there is no chance of them getting any time in our first team because both the starting XI and bench is in top form. Clearly, that is not the case with our current squad. Perhaps Ciro envisioned such a situation, but due to injuries and unfathomable factors such as the poor showing of Amauri in particular, that situation has not been forthcoming.

We are having problems. Mainly in terms of keeping the ball, and scoring goals. Problems which I expect to change when, or if, we get Del Piero, Diego, Tiago, Melo, MArchiso, Momo, Trezeguet, Cannavaro, Buffon, Chiellini, Zebina...all fit at the same time. I mean 'match fit'. Buffon is already there, cheillini can be, if he had better support beside him and in front of his position at centre back. Its the others we need to come together...

I care little for Camo. He has serious talent, but his attitude is amongst the worst.

YES. How valuable could it be to have given Ekdal these recent games instead of Poulsen???
And when Diego has been OUT, Iago could have deputized for Giovinco...As for the attack..Daud may have injected at least some positive energy.

But we have more talent in our youth ranks than those who have been sent out on loan. Why isn't Immobile given a chance to impress???
What about Rossi? G. Giovinco? Esposito? Boniperti? Ferrara's son???? How about the fullbacks??? With the abject failure of our current flanklings, why not give the youngsters 10 minutes here or there...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

When, every time were 3-0 up in the Coppa Italia? Loans are risky but its better than leaving a player to rot on the bench

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)