Albin Ekdal (66 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nothing is better than when one of your own players/youth products scores against you because you sent him on loan or co-ownwership and you lose 3 pts because of it.

I hate loans.
Would you prefer he stays in the Primavera and watches our games from the stand?

Because, whats the other option to him then? Going to a decent Serie A team who needs him and which he can grow as a player with, makes nothing but sense.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
he's hot in an Edward Cullen sort of way
Are you a gay chap or a girl called Ahmed? I keep wondering whenever I read this thread...

And back on topic...Is Ekdal representing his country at U21 level or any other level presently??? I was trying to find a youtube video or three showing his skills, but only found a couple of unfufilling snippets.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was in the U21 squad a couple of times few months ago, played a little, injury stopped him a bit. But that was the old U21, players 3 years older then him, in the new one, he will prolly be one of the more noteworthy players.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Are you a gay chap or a girl called Ahmed? I keep wondering whenever I read this thread...

And back on topic...Is Ekdal representing his country at U21 level or any other level presently??? I was trying to find a youtube video or three showing his skills, but only found a couple of unfufilling snippets.
I'm a chay gap

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I guess I am just eager to follow both Ekdal and Iago more closely, and my hopes of seeing them and others get a chance on the fringes of the first team have been greatly increased with Ciro's arrival as Manager. There were times last season when Iago should have been given a shot, on either flank...when we had Nedved tired, Camo dead, Marchionni as Marchionni and stuck like glue to the 4-4-2. I have seen very little of Ekdal, so dont know exactly where he would be staking a claim in a future Juve first team. My understanding is that he is a central midfielder, in the Marchisio mould...As for Iago, he looks skilful, pacy and can shoot, so could be deployed anywhere in the final third. But as has been mentioned, we have Diego and Giovinco who are lined up for the AM position or positions.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
There is not much proper video material since the guy has played less than 30 games or so of senior level football. Furthermore he is not the guy that you will see performing any rabonas, trivelas or any of these "skills" that you seem to be looking for. Not a youtube player, really.

A holding midfielder, whatever that means. Not definitely a defensive one or an offensive one anyway. He is mature despite his age, calm on the ball and a good passer. The guy is still somewhat of a mystery to me altough I'm from his country and follow everything in football here very closely.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Would you prefer he stays in the Primavera and watches our games from the stand?

Because, whats the other option to him then? Going to a decent Serie A team who needs him and which he can grow as a player with, makes nothing but sense.
Then what is the point of having him if we aren't ever going to use him. We have a young midfield with little room as it is. We will continue to buy when needed for players to make a huge difference like Diego/Melo, etc. Like I said, if we aren't going to give him a chance with our own team then let him go. I see no point allowing another team to develop him.

How can you guarantee he will even play with Siena? Maybe playing every week with Primavera and some games with the senior squad is better than taking a risk with another coach and another team. Nothing will make me think loans are good. We wasted a year then by the loan argument. If loans are so good then why didn't we just let him go last year?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I understand being critical of overuse of loans, but being against loans no matter what is just silly. Do you see any room for him in Juve? Someone he can take the spot from?

He can impress in Siena, if he is good enough, like Marchisio did, get back, get a starting or squad spot atleast. But now if he stays, whats the point? he wont play, the players ahead of him are better, he will just watch from the stands. What he needs in his age is playing time, and he has 90% more chance to do that in Siena then in this stacked Juve midfield.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Exactly, being against loans period is just laughable and it's pretty clear why the user Hustini is suddenly preaching about how useless they are. Could it be that he is "influenced" by a certain poster?

There are cases where loans make perfect sense, and this is one of them.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Its pleasing to know that we have a holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker or two in the youth ranks, who could well make inroads into the first team over the coming years. What is more of an interest to me though is the defensive future of our first team...Especially on the flanks. Is there anyone who could come through this season, for our fullback positions, to challenge grygera, zebina, molinaro, de ceglie...and is ariuado our only young centre back of decent potential?

I agree with loan deals, as long as they don't involve buy out clauses, when we are dealing with a player who could prove quality in the future...like Criscito...First team experience aids development massively. And if they cant get that at Juve, and are ready to make the step up, then why not go out on loan??? As long as the coaching staff at the prospective club aren't appalling, I dont see how it could be a bad move...

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Its pleasing to know that we have a holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker or two in the youth ranks, who could well make inroads into the first team over the coming years. What is more of an interest to me though is the defensive future of our first team...Especially on the flanks. Is there anyone who could come through this season, for our fullback positions, to challenge grygera, zebina, molinaro, de ceglie...and is ariuado our only young centre back of decent potential?
Bamba who is a right back is in Pinzolo with the first team.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We loan out certain players just to get rid of them, but we signed Ekdal a year ago (club-scouts signing, not Raniei) had him as official registered member of first squad, even if just played 4 times, and when we made the loan official. They said he is someone they believe in for the future. So its up to Ekdal to show how good he is and wether or not he is someone we can invest for the future.

But regarding other talents, I really hope we keep Iago.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I understand being critical of overuse of loans, but being against loans no matter what is just silly. Do you see any room for him in Juve? Someone he can take the spot from?

He can impress in Siena, if he is good enough, like Marchisio did, get back, get a starting or squad spot atleast. But now if he stays, whats the point? he wont play, the players ahead of him are better, he will just watch from the stands. What he needs in his age is playing time, and he has 90% more chance to do that in Siena then in this stacked Juve midfield.
I don't recall many of the best players in the world being loaned. I am probably wrong but I can't think of any. Teams are built around current players, not players on loan. We aren't really building a team around Ekdal or anyone else on loan. The only spot I would be ok with loaning is goalies, so I am not opposed to them all. If you care to hear my thoughts on that then ask and I will answer. Like I said in my last post, Giovinco and Marchisio could have developed with us. Why isn't Inter loaning out Santon or balotelli? They have the balls to use them in their first team but Ranieri didn't. Our loans going out are the same or close to the same age as Santon and Mario.

How can you guarantee another club and coach can develop our players? You said it yourself, Juve's midfield is stacked. And you expect us to be ok throwing our youngsters around until we think they are ok to come back and sit in the bench as bench players to players like Sissoko, Diego, Melo whom we all bought? So they get to play for 2 seasons on loan then come back to sit on the bench? What is the point of that? So we get "bench" players to get experience?

Exactly, being against loans period is just laughable and it's pretty clear why the user Hustini is suddenly preaching about how useless they are. Could it be that he is "influenced" by a certain poster?

There are cases where loans make perfect sense, and this is one of them.
Esteban, evidently you don't read my posts or haven't in the past. You may disagree with what I am saying which is fine dude but don't think for a second I am being influenced by Andy. I don't like loans and it has nothing to do with someone else trying to influence me. He and I happen to be against the idea of them. I don't know if you are trying to insinuate anything by your statements.

Laugh all you want. If that is how you react when you disagree with someone then so be it. I am not going to fall into the trap of being ridiculed because I am not in the "majority" and I won't fall into the trap of saying derogatory statements like that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We loan out certain players just to get rid of them, but we signed Ekdal a year ago (club-scouts signing, not Raniei) had him as official registered member of first squad, even if just played 4 times, and when we made the loan official. They said he is someone they believe in for the future. So its up to Ekdal to show how good he is and wether or not he is someone we can invest for the future.

But regarding other talents, I really hope we keep Iago.

Well if loans are so good then why not loan him out then? Why keep him? Do you expect him to ever play over Diego/Gio?

This guy has to become a star because I've got dirty laundry on him that I could sell to the press. Ok not dirty but still interesting :D
Who?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)