Albin Ekdal (3 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He wasn't really involved that much.

He was okay.

Held his position nicely, didn't give the ball away much and committed a good foul to stop a counter-attack.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Didn't look out of place which is impressive for a 19 year old coming from the Swedish second division. Does need to impose himself much more though if he wants to be part of a future Juve midfield.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
what irks me is the number of times the play bypasses Tiago...I'm not sure if it's the tactics or his general demeanour...so many times, Tiago will be in space in the middle of the park, and either the fullback or Sissoko runs past him and play the ball to Del Piero :wallbang:, then Ale has to come deep to getthe ball and further away from a goalscoring position
But is that his fault?

Surely it's up to those other players to give Tiago the ball.

As Tiago gets used to the team, the team needs to get used to Tiago. The players are not accustomed to having a good passer in CM and so are used to having to take responsibility for playing forward passes, instead of playing an easy ball into Tiago.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
THAT is where Tiago has to put his foot down...he's got to demand the ball...his stamina and tackling have been awesome, but he needs to do what we REALLY need him to do

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
THAT is where Tiago has to put his foot down...he's got to demand the ball...his stamina and tackling have been awesome, but he needs to do what we REALLY need him to do
To me, it is up to Ranieri to tell the team that Tiago should be given the ball at every opportunity.

I agree that Tiago still isn't as dominant a figure as he could be, but that isn't his style. He just wants to quietly go about getting the ball and playing simple passes.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Ekdal is doing quite well so far. Nothing flashy but given the enormous leap this guy has taken recently in terms of opposition quality and tempo, you need to be a bit patient. For me the fact that a conservative coach like Ranieri shows his faith in a 19 year old speaks volumes of what is to come.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
EXPECTING ALOT OF THIS GUY :D ... eventhough i dont think he should be a DMF instead of sissoko ... he should later be turned into an AMF .. hopefully ... i no he's got the skill to do some damage!

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
well the interesting thing with ekdal really is that he wasn't really hyped up by the media, and it seems he wasn't followed by the usual suspects (besides that episode with that supposed practice with chelsea). Even in Sweden, they considered him only decent. He was nowhere hyped up or anything. Yet, he's already doing VERY well - one hell of a buy i'd say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)