Alberto Cerri (11 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
€15m doesn't get you much now, and he's a young striker in-form.

Thought he had something special about him as a young striker, obviously massive but had lots of nice touches and scored quite a few goals. Italian coaches tend to use him more as an old-fashioned target man but he had a breakout with Perugia and partnering Han and others, German football could suit him.

Needs a buyback clause for sure, we can't throw away potential big Italian talents.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
€15m doesn't get you much now, and he's a young striker in-form.

Thought he had something special about him as a young striker, obviously massive but had lots of nice touches and scored quite a few goals. Italian coaches tend to use him more as an old-fashioned target man but he had a breakout with Perugia and partnering Han and others, German football could suit him.

Needs a buyback clause for sure, we can't throw away potential big Italian talents.
One of my good friends is a Perugia fan (he's Italian of course). He rates him, but doesn't think anyone would be willing to pay in excess of 10 million for him.

Obviously, if we can get 15 million for him, it'd be great. Set the buyback at 25-30.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
He's nowhere near 15mil, but I think he has unshown potential though. Never will be good enough for us though, so take the money and run.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
good luck to him!

on a sidenote, there's life after comproprietà: loan with obligation + recompra is the new shit this summer :beppe:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm not sure how a loan helps with new squad size limits though.
loan with obligation is rather a financial/accounting technique that helps the loaner with a lower amortization. (1st year: 100% of the loan fee is the amortization for that year, which is usually lower than the amortization after actually buying the player. for instance, we loaned douglas costa from bayern for a fee of 6m, then we bought the player for 40m on a 4-year contract, so the yearly amortization is 10m.)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Darijo Srna? Da fuck, what an odd transfer. Pretty good player in his prime.
i think he was linked to inter shorty before signing there, good pickup for Cagliari surely. its nice of him that he stayed so long in Shakhtar, but would be much more recognized if he went to a top league earlier in his career.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
i think he was linked to inter shorty before signing there, good pickup for Cagliari surely. its nice of him that he stayed so long in Shakhtar, but would be much more recognized if he went to a top league earlier in his career.
Strange. Why not move to the MLS or China for your last paycheck? If it's not about money - why not just quit? He's already 36, i can't see why he would move to Cagliari now. Still a good transfer for Cagliari of course, despite the his age.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Strange. Why not move to the MLS or China for your last paycheck? If it's not about money - why not just quit? He's already 36, i can't see why he would move to Cagliari now. Still a good transfer for Cagliari of course, despite the his age.
quite weird decision from him, maybe he wanted to stay close to home? but surely he could have picked a better/richer club than Cagliari in that case. as older players usually shine in Italy, looking for him to have a Kolarov esque impact, but to a lesser degree ofcourse, due to the size of his club

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)