Albertini moves to Lazio (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Milan’s Demetrio Albertini is officially a Lazio player after Giuseppe Pancaro moved in the other direction.

The swap deal has been touted for weeks and the player exchange was confirmed on Monday evening.

The midfielder has signed a two-year deal with the capital club after he was frozen out of the Milan squad.

The former Italian international returned to the Rossoneri this summer after a loan spell at Atletico Madrid but was told that he did not feature in the club’s plans.

Azzurri player Giuseppe Pancaro has moved to the San Siro as part of the deal but he only joins on loan.

The European champions have the option to complete the full-back’s signing next summer.

--------------------------------------

Just as I was complaining about him not being in the national squad Lazio sign him. This is great, well for me at least. I am a fan of him. He is great.

We lost Simeone but at least we got a decent replacement.

What are your opinions on him?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Lazio might now just have the deepst and best midfield in Serie A. Stankovic, Fiore, Pizarro, Albertini, Dabo, Cesar, Giannichedda, Mendieta, possibly even Jorgenson/Liverani,
is crazy.:eek:. That is 2sets of International caliber players in one team!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, Lazio have the most depth in midfield no doubt, but don't you think they're a tad bit overloaded? That's nine top class players! :eek:

PS. LMAO@Milan! :LOL: They swapped Albertini for Pancaro on loan! :howler:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
Yeah, Lazio have the most depth in midfield no doubt, but don't you think they're a tad bit overloaded? That's nine top class players! :eek:

PS. LMAO@Milan! :LOL: They swapped Albertini for Pancaro on loan! :howler:
good move for them.

they just sold Helveg to inter and they're compinsating for the loss in number of defenders.

good move

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
actually i think teams with this kind of depth the ones who can keep their tempo up from the start to the finish and that is essential in long and hard tounrament as the CL in the case of us.......do we have that kind of depth? not only in midfield but at every position

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    Ahh How I love Lazio.

The best midfield in Serie A :thumb:

If we get through with Mutu we will have probably the best attack too.

I mean, Lopez, Mutu, Corradi, Chiesa :cool:

The defence is not too bad, but we are an attacking team ;)

We got one of the best keepers around, Peruzzi.

I am impressed with this new guy who took over Lazio. Did a great job and quickly too. Gotta thank him.

All I want know is for Nedved, Nesta and possibly Crespo to return. Hey, A guy can dream right? :D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    This is a bad, bad transfer.

The midfield is already packed, and we give away the guy that can play in any position in defence:confused:

I dont think Albertini will stay in Lazio. He's there to be used in exchange with someone, and pancaro is the price to pay....

crap

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
    This is a bad, bad transfer.

The midfield is already packed, and we give away the guy that can play in any position in defence:confused:

I dont think Albertini will stay in Lazio. He's there to be used in exchange with someone, and pancaro is the price to pay....

crap
    You think so? I was looking at some ac milan forums just now and some of them seemed kind of pissed cause of the swap.

Don't you think we needed Albertini to cover for Simeone?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

You think so? I was looking at some ac milan forums just now and some of them seemed kind of pissed cause of the swap.

Don't you think we needed Albertini to cover for Simeone?
    K 10, despite all the Lazio talent you have to feel sorry for Mancini when he has to chose 4mids for his 4-4-2 formation.;)
    I think it is good move because Albertini is different type of midfielder compared to what you already have. He is pure registra, a different type of player to Simeone. I guess Giannichedda, extremely good midfielder, would be the one filling in the shoe. Furthermore, Pancaro is decent role player, and Albertini despite the age is world level talent.:)

Anyway, what's happening with Jorgenson situation? If you sign him, then I feel your midfield is pretty unbelievable.
    Also what would be your mid. K10?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Lazio need the depth in midfield because they will be competing in the Champions League next season .. and want to do well seeing that large sums of money are at stake .. I don't think Mendieta was on their plans but in the end it seems that he will remain in Lazio unless an 11th hour bid was agreed .. Anyway, I think Lazio will be even more entertaining next season with Pizarro and Jorgensen :cool:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    K 10, despite all the Lazio talent you have to feel sorry for Mancini when he has to chose 4mids for his 4-4-2 formation.;)
    I think it is good move because Albertini is different type of midfielder compared to what you already have. He is pure registra , a different type of player to Simeone. I guess Giannichedda, extremely good midfielder, would be the one filling in the shoe. Furthermore, Pancaro is decent role player, and Albertini despite the age is world level talent.:)

Anyway, what's happening with Jorgenson situation? If you sign him, then I feel your midfield is pretty unbelievable.
    What's registra? Care to give another example, perhaps a Juve player?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    bottom line is that Milan got a player they need (a perfect sub for any position in the defence, especially right side where they have no one) for a player they did their best to get rid off because he is anything but wanted.

At the same time Lazio got a player they absolutely do not need, and weakened their defence, which is already streched.

the deal sucks.

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
    yes Lazio got midfield but im not so sure that they got a great defense and forwards
    but we'll see what they can do i just hope they don't beat Juve at home like they did last season

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    I think it is good move because Albertini is different type of midfielder compared to what you already have. He is pure registra, a different type of player to Simeone. I guess Giannichedda, extremely good midfielder, would be the one filling in the shoe. Furthermore, Pancaro is decent role player, and Albertini despite the age is world level talent.:)

What exactly is registra indeed?

On my midfield? I haven't made up my mind as yet. Let's wait to see if we get Pizarro and Jorgensen first.

I don't feel sorry for Mancini, in fact he is happy. I read on Football Italia he is pleased with the signing. Why should I feel sorry for the guy. Which would you rather, too much talent or a lack of it? ;)

What happened to loyalty?
    Zambro, who are you referring too?

And others who say we ain't got good forwards, if we get Mutu I think we will have the best forwards in Serie A.

Mutu, Chiesa, Lopez, Corradi, Inzaghi.

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
    I think Albertini is good... he's one of the best Italian players...it's good to have him in Lazio...but I don''t think he can replace Simeone...:)

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

What exactly is registra indeed?

On my midfield? I haven't made up my mind as yet. Let's wait to see if we get Pizarro and Jorgensen first.

I don't feel sorry for Mancini, in fact he is happy. I read on Football Italia he is pleased with the signing. Why should I feel sorry for the guy. Which would you rather, too much talent or a lack of it? ;)

Zambro, who are you referring too?

And others who say we ain't got good forwards, if we get Mutu I think we will have the best forwards in Serie A.

Mutu, Chiesa, Lopez, Corradi, Inzaghi.
    I should throw in Darko Kovacevic cause Lazio still own him.

Look at those forwards. :eek: Now who can compare. Let's see.

Inter: Crespo, Vieri, Recoba, Kallon, Ventola, Martins
    Juventus: Miccoli, Del Piero, Di Viao, Trezeguet, Zaleyata
    Ac Milan: Shevcenko, Inzaghi, Tomasson, Rivaldo
    Roma: Montella, Delvecchio, Totti
    Lazio: Chiesa, Lopez, Corradi, Inzaghi, Kovacevic and possible Mutu.

Only Inter to me looks like the real competition.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Kovacevic is "half" owned by Lazio, so I doubt Lazio can bring him to Stadio Olimpico because they want to. It will require hard negotiation.;).
    Mutu- very expensive. Lazio has to sell first before they can buy Mutu.

Lazio will never be as good as Juve.:nasty::D:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)