Alberta Tampona Aquilani (6 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
Seems you don't even watch the whole league.

Nuri is the most underrated player at the moment IMO. Great powerful passing and dribbling, great free kicks, good defense and all for a CM.
No, I don't enjoy watching the Bundesliga. I used to watch Bayern Munich games when there was nothing else on a few years ago, but I never really got interested in the league as a whole. I don't think I should either. I spend enough time watching Serie A, the Premiership, and La Liga.

I don't know anything about this Nuri person so I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't be angry if you guys were right about him.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Aquilani: 'My future in the balance'
Alberto Aquilani concedes his future at Juventus is far from secure. “Liverpool set a high buy-out clause on my loan.”

The former Roma midfielder arrived in the summer on a one-season loan deal with an option to buy outright, but there are no guarantees it will be taken up.

“I came here running quite a big risk, as I came on a simple loan deal,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“That’s unlike many of my teammates, who have some kind of reassurance or even obligation for a permanent move.

“There is nothing for me, just a loan with an option to buy. Liverpool set a high buy-out clause on my loan, especially in the current financial climate.

“I know it’s not easy. I knew coming here to Juventus that it would not be easy, but in all honesty I am calm, am not thinking about it and have never thought about it.

“Now I will finish off the year and try to give everything, as in any case Juventus have given me the chance to come back to Italy and have an important role in this squad.”

http://www.football-italia.net/feb17q.html

---

I get the feeling we won't be signing him permanently. Liverpool's new owners seemingly have money, so bargaining will be tough if they see him in their own future midfield.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I like Aquilani, he is not having the best of form at the moment, like he started the season, but 16 million is really a pain in the ass.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What do you mean? A release clause is a release clause, its a different issue that they are unrealistically high in spain and nobody expects clubs to meet them.
Not necessarily. In Spain the release clause is the amount of cash a player would have to pay to release himself from a particular club. It's Spanish law that a player should have the ability to get out of a contract. So theoretically offers above or below the "release cause" can be accepted. It's the assumption that meeting the clause' value will automatically release the player that is incorrect. In some cases it's a deterrent, in others it's the minimum the club will accept.

I don't know how that relates to Sahin's rumored release clause because he's in Germany.

I read an article on this regarding Aguero's situation a few months ago.

EDIT: Found it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/01/29/atletico.buyouts/index.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)