Alberta Tampona Aquilani (2 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I agree with you if we were to discuss best new player, but I think a good signing also has to be an upgrade from what we had last year and how significant of an upgrade he is.

Manninger was good for us too and not the weakest link in our team. This is why Bonucci edges it for me.

Aquilani, if he's able to play, also is a kind of player we haven't had for ages. Our last creative central midfielder was probably Maresca. Could potentially be a great signing too.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I Could Have Stayed At Liverpool, But I Want To Enjoy A Successful Spell With Juventus - Alberto Aquilani

Juventus midfielder Alberto Aquilani has said that he could have stayed with Liverpool, but now that he has left Anfield his focus is to remain in Turin for the long haul.

Aquilani is on loan with Juve, who have the right to make that a permanent move at the end of the agreement - a scenario that is quietly welcomed by the Italian.

"It was very quick, a blitz... One day I spoke to [Roy] Hodgson and we discussed the season at Liverpool, three days later I was having a medical in Turin," Aquilani told Tuttosport.

"Liverpool were relying on me, and deep down I would have stayed because I overcame my physical problems and the fans were very affectionate towards me.

"But then this chance came and I did not think twice about it. Liverpool only wanted to give me away on loan, but [Giuseppe] Marotta insisted on the buy option."

And the Rome native is ready to hang tough in Turin and give access to a long future there.

"I would like to, but everything depends on this season as I am on loan. We will see, I have hope because I came here with the intent to make it a permanent stay, but to be honest I am thinking about Sunday's game against Sampdoria, not where I will be in years to come," he added.

Juventus struggled to get their campaign off to a flying start, crashing to an opening day loss to Bari.

But belief and confidence has not rubbed off at Vinovo as the sound of enthusiasm resonates.

"I don't like to speak beforehand and make claims, but I like to win. It's an important season for me and Juventus," he said.

"There will be difficult moments, but we need to confront them. But there is potential to do well. We have a will to win."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...ave-stayed-at-liverpool-but-i-want-to-enjoy-a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)