Ajax... what is going on? (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Keep the team as it is? What do you think they're doing? They could have sold De Jong, Van der Vaart, Chivu, Pienaar and many others but instead they lengthened the contracts of these players and offered them higher salaries!

Mido was a tumor on the team and had to go.

As to Dutch teams I support: none and all of them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sander

Feb 5, 2003
Its just that nobody wants 2 stay at Ajax, they all came there, (exept the dutch talents) because ajax is a good gateway 2 real cometitions like Serie a and the spanish league. Nobody wants 2 stay in the dutch competition because it sucks. So there 2 thinks Ajax can do force the play 2 stay, but ad the end get nothing because ad the end of the contract they will spread there wings..
Or sell them 1 or 2 years before the contract ends..

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
In fact Sonck is not better than Mido both are good but mido is younger than sonk with 4 whole years.which gives him the edge to develop into a star player.as i said before it will be a huge loss for Ajax.
Sorry, but Sonck is the superior player if only because he has maturity. I don't care how good you believe Mido is, he's not as good as Zlatan or Sonck at this point and he is too much of an ass to fit into a team. That makes Sonck a great replacement by comparison.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Keep the team as it is? What do you think they're doing? They could have sold De Jong, Van der Vaart, Chivu, Pienaar and many others but instead they lengthened the contracts of these players and offered them higher salaries!

Mido was a tumor on the team and had to go.

As to Dutch teams I support: none and all of them.
well, first of all, why selling all those ?
they are good and ajax has bigger chances in cl with them than without them. ajax always selled its best players and sometimes they made big mistakes ... :down:
selling chivu, yes, i agree. i can't stand that guy ... the press acts about him same your press does with rvn ...
then, mido has gone because he was indeed too young, even in a team of youngsters like ajax. he got married at 19, he had other things in his head. anyway, he seems to fit in spain :D
what i want to ask you is about jari litmanen : what will happend to him? i really admire this player, and he was ajax' captain for 5 years if i remember properly ... :down:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Sorry, but Sonck is the superior player if only because he has maturity. I don't care how good you believe Mido is, he's not as good as Zlatan or Sonck at this point and he is too much of an ass to fit into a team. That makes Sonck a great replacement by comparison.
Ok it's your opinion But time will show if sonk can really replace mido at ajax or if Mido is that Ass you are talkin' about.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Ajax and AS Roma reach principal agreement about transfer Cristian Chivu

Amsterdam, July 08, 2003
Ajax and AS Roma have in principal reached an agreement about the transfer of Cristian Chivu. Ajax sitll await a signed bank guarantee from AS Roma to finalise the deal. As usual, Ajax do not disclose financial details of the agreement.

Ajax's managing director Arie van Eijden revealed that it concerns by far the financially biggest transfer in the club's history. Van Eijden: Let me make one thing very clear: Ajax wanted to continue with Chivu. But Cris himself wanted to go to AS Roma and then you know that in the end you cannot keep him with our club.”
Cristian Chivu leaves for Italy as early as tonight.

Ajax's coach Ronald Koeman regrets the departure of his captain. Koeman: ,,Of course it is a pity that Cris is leaving Ajax, but I think we should not try to stop him now. Cris leaves great memories behind with Ajax. Ajax is working hard at Chivu's succession and I have complete faith in that succession.”

Ajax and AS Roma played each other twice in last year's second round of the UEFA Champions League. Ajax qualified for the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League at Roma's expense. Partly due to a first-minute goal by Andy van der Meyde the match in Rome's Olympic Stadium ended in 1-1. Ajax had won the home match with 2-1 on December 10 2002.

Cristian Chivu made his debut for Ajax on September 30 1999 in the UEFA Cup match against Dukla Banska Bystrica (3-1 to Ajax). He won the Dutch championship and Cup with Ajax in 2002, won the Johan Cruijff Shield in 2002 and successfully defended 2001's Amsterdam Tournament title a year later.

Chivu was voted Player of the Year by De Telegraaf and Voetbal International in 2002. He was awarded that same title in his home country Romania. Furthermore, many thousands of visitors of UEFA's official web site chose him in the European team of 2002.

Cristian Chivu played 107 league matches for Ajax, in which he scored 13 times. He also wore the Ajax strip in 26 European cup matches, 8 Amstel Cup matches and the match for the Johan Cruijff Shield at the start of last season.

Cristian Chivu has played 28 times for Romania. He has scored twice for his country.

Taken from Ajax's official website

-------------------------------------------------

Some other facts I got from a very reliable sports website in Holland (www.vi.nl):

Roma pays Ajax €18m for Chivu
Ajax is looking to replace Chivu with French defender Julien Escudé from Stade Rennes.

-------------------------------------------------

Those damned Romans :fero: Where the hell did they get 18 million is what I want to know ...

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
well, to our national tv it was said that chivu and zlatan were given to roma for 25 million euros ... chivu was 18 and zlatan 7 (too little if you ask me ... for zlatan i mean )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)