Agnelli's won't abandon Juventus (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Nedved back in the saddle

Pavel Nedved has returned to the playing field, while the Agnelli family reassure fans they will not abandon Juventus.

The Czech international has been out of action since suffering a knee injury during the Euro 2004 semi-final defeat to Greece, but played 45 minutes in a friendly game yesterday evening.

The 5-0 victory over Berretti boosted confidence and fitness levels ahead of next week’s crucial Champions’ League qualifier against Djurgarden. Alessandro Del Piero was on target along with David Trezeguet, Olivier Kapo and Marcelo Zalayeta’s brace.

However, the lack of major new signings this summer has caused unrest within the Juve fanbase, as the death of the Agnelli brothers Gianni and Umberto has seen the family pull away from its close rapport with the club.

“My father Umberto and my uncle Gianni were always very close to Juve,” explained Andrea Agnelli, “because this side is like a genetic part of our family. We will continue the tradition they created.”

Yesterday’s traditional friendly game at the Villar Perosa training ground was the first in many decades without either of the two honorary Presidents. Andrea Agnelli may not have the presence of those figureheads, but he insists he will keep a close eye on the club.

It is a particularly tricky time for the Bianconeri, who finished last season without a single trophy and must win in Sweden on Wednesday to enter the Champions’ League.

“We respect Djurgarden, but also realise our own potential. Hopefully we will also have Nedved back, as he can always give a telling contribution.”

The supporters continue to await the revival of another player, captain Alessandro Del Piero, who has disappointed so far this summer.

“He is an extraordinary person and will be back stronger than ever,” assured Agnelli. “The transfer campaign has been a good one and we are convinced that Juventus are just as good as any other side in Serie A.”

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Nedved back in the saddle

Pavel Nedved has returned to the playing field, while the Agnelli family reassure fans they will not abandon Juventus .

.”[/b]
help me... what does that mean, "abandon juve" ?

is it something like "selling" juve ?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

help me... what does that mean, "abandon juve" ?

is it something like "selling" juve ?
That might as well mean selling more shares of the club.

Hope that never happens.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
There is actually a number of Russian oligarhs who want to invest into foreign football clubs. I have read an article on that couple of months ago.

There are quite a few billionair Russians like Romka Abramovich, afraid to keep money in Russia after Khodorkovki's arrest and the situation with Yukos.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Well, something like 10% of Juve is owned by Muamor Kaddafi... maybe he would want to buy some more...

But as far as I know, it is difficult for foreigners to buy football clubs, especially with traditions of a great team.

Also, I am sure there will be lots of rich people in Italy who would wanna buy it.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Well, something like 10% of Juve is owned by Muamor Kaddafi..
    Nah, it's less then 10. IIRC it's about 3%, I'm not sure.

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
    Crystal palace i think, but i'm not sure. Not a big one, for he just wants to better his relations with englisch politicians, he knows that people in England like football and that's the reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)