After what?? (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Puma, FIFA settle fight over one-piece uniformsAssociated Press

ZURICH, Switzerland -- FIFA has reached an out-of-court settlement with apparel maker Puma, which had been seeking damages after soccer's governing body lost a dispute over Cameroon's one-piece uniform.

FIFA said Tuesday it had settled with Puma AG "in the interests of international football." The sides agreed not to disclose the details of the settlement.

FIFA fined Cameroon in April 2004 for wearing the bodysuits during the African Cup of Nations.

But a German judge ruled this year that the uniform broke no FIFA rules.

Puma had been seeking $2.4 million in damages from FIFA and wanted a ruling that it could market the uniform.

FIFA rules state that players are to wear a jersey or shirt and shorts. FIFA claimed that meant separate garments, but Puma disagreed.

Puma alleged that FIFA's decision was influenced by rival adidas, which works closely with FIFA.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say it's time for Cameroon to go to courts now :fero:

Screw FIFA

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    It is really a shame, Cameroon is not in the finals because of those goons in Zurich :groan:

Jan 7, 2004
    this is one of those "even though i dont think the way you do i will make sure your opinion is heard"

those uniforms were ugly as hell, but if fifa never said that you need seperate shirts and short then let them wear them or should i say it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)