Adrien Rabiot (32 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I am willing to bet we're the only team deperate and pathetic enough to make him an enticing offer.
that's the saddest part of this whole rabiot story. jj has been the club hiring him for 4 years, for 2 years he was absolute dogshit, for one year he was okay-ish, and for the contract year he played more or less true to his abilities. yet jj is the highest bidder, despite the facts that jj's broke and epl is drowning in cash

jj dumb, jj never learns

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I don’t get what the problem is with renewing Rabiot for one year. I don’t like the fact he played poorly for the most part except his contract year, but if we see any relationship between the timing of him playing well we’re trying to duplicate that performance with a relatively low cost. signing someone like SMS will certainly be more expensive.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don’t get what the problem is with renewing Rabiot for one year. I don’t like the fact he played poorly for the most part except his contract year, but if we see any relationship between the timing of him playing well we’re trying to duplicate that performance with a relatively low cost. signing someone like SMS will certainly be more expensive.
The problem is we should do better, and we're sending the wrong message. If the team is so poor, why are we so desperate to resign theis abominable faggot for insane wages?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The problem is we should do better, and we're sending the wrong message. If the team is so poor, why are we so desperate to resign theis abominable faggot for insane wages?
We’re trying to navigate through a transition. We made the top 4 on the pitch with Rabiot as our best player (believe me I can’t believe I’m saying this), so what’s wrong with keeping him for another year if we feel we’ll get the same outcome?
I’d agree with you if the deal was a long term one.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We’re trying to navigate through a transition. We made the top 4 on the pitch with Rabiot as our best player (believe me I can’t believe I’m saying this), so what’s wrong with keeping him for another year if we feel we’ll get the same outcome?
I’d agree with you if the deal was a long term one.
it's not the length of the contract, it's not even the cost. last season's rabiot for 10m per season is obviously an acceptable cost in today's football.

it's - like b81 said - sending the wrong message, and offering more than the richest epl clubs. both are stupid. it fits the terrible trend of jj offering the highest wages for players who wouldn't get nowhere near that amount elsewhere, see de sciglio, alex sandro, tek, bonucci, rugani, arthur, and even dybala before we turned our attention to vlahovic. we tried to offload mds for years, his contract expires, we offer him an extension, he miraculously gets injured, who would have thought. we extend rugani's contract twice during the same season, he gets a lifetime contract, can't be unloaded. lowest revenue jj of the last decade offers more to unpredictable rabiot than clubs of the richest ever league. you get the drill.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I don’t get what the problem is with renewing Rabiot for one year.
and we're sending the wrong message.
Ronn, it all about above for me. A message for guys like Sandro, Bonucci, Tek and any future veterans who think they can demand and get whatever they want from Juve. So sad it appears Juve management has no self-esteem. They probably should say they aren't feeling like men and be in control of the Juve women's team and compete against lesser management competition.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
it's not the length of the contract, it's not even the cost. last season's rabiot for 10m per season is obviously an acceptable cost in today's football.

it's - like b81 said - sending the wrong message, and offering more than the richest epl clubs. both are stupid. it fits the terrible trend of jj offering the highest wages for players who wouldn't get nowhere near that amount elsewhere, see de sciglio, alex sandro, tek, bonucci, rugani, arthur, and even dybala before we turned our attention to vlahovic. we tried to offload mds for years, his contract expires, we offer him an extension, he miraculously gets injured, who would have thought. we extend rugani's contract twice during the same season, he gets a lifetime contract, can't be unloaded. lowest revenue jj of the last decade offers more to unpredictable rabiot than clubs of the richest ever league. you get the drill.
Ronn, it all about above for me. A message for guys like Sandro, Bonucci, Tek and any future veterans who think they can demand and get whatever they want from Juve. So sad it appears Juve management has no self-esteem. They probably should say they aren't feeling like men and be in control of the Juve women's team and compete against lesser management competition.
The situations are very different. Rabiot played really well last year, and is really looking for a one-year contract. It seems like he’s really window dressing for EPL folks, which is good news for us.
how much do you guys think Rabiot can fetch in an open market?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

We renewed those players when they still had a year or more left on their contracts. Renewing Rabiot for one year at a reasonable wage would cost us barely anything, unlike the other players you mentioned. He’s also someone who doesn’t get injured like the others. We would be stupid if we gave him a long term contract however. Renewing him for one year shouldn’t stop us from buying someone like SMS either. He’d cost us 10m or so with taxes. That’s peanuts in the large scheme of things.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
1)The situations are very different.
2)how much do you guys think Rabiot can fetch in an open market?
1) Might be different but IMO message still could be delivered.
2) Hopefully more than what Juve will pay and if no EPL takers do not let him come back. Rabiot isn't anywhere near the difference in this present Juve squad that is needed to win the league next year. Valuable only because so many underachievers on this team. PP finally plays as expected and this guy is unneeded overpaid surplus.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Correction, Rabiot played well last season and significantly better than the rest of the team, but that just makes him look much better than he really is. He was a standout player for us but he wasn't incredible. Don't be fooled, Rovella can do everything that Rabiot does.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Correction, Rabiot played well last season and significantly better than the rest of the team, but that just makes him look much better than he really is. He was a standout player for us but he wasn't incredible. Don't be fooled, Rovella can do everything that Rabiot does.
I dont agree with that last part re rovella, mainly because they are different in their style and Rovella is not as proven in front of goal as rabiot was last season. What you should be asking is Locatelli as effective if not better than Rabiot in the same mezzala role?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I think Rovella can develop and be molded into more than Rabiot. Miretti was put in the most attacking position in our midfield and credit to him, made excellent runs and had many chances. His finishing was poor but he always found himself in great positions to score. Rovella has the energy and attributes to surpass Rabiot.

Locatelli was terrible but it's really hard to look impressive if nobody is in attacking positions for you to thrive. We are built to pass sideways, which is why Vlahovic and Chiesa play so deep. Players can become great overnight if they're in a working system, take Arsenal last season and see how players like Xhaka looked brilliant with a defined role and the right players supporting him.

Rabiot is solid but SMS offers so much more and has done it every season since the hype train started so I'm happy with letting Rovella get acclimatised to midfield if we take SMS.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He also made EA’s team of the season

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We renewed those players when they still had a year or more left on their contracts. Renewing Rabiot for one year at a reasonable wage would cost us barely anything, unlike the other players you mentioned. He’s also someone who doesn’t get injured like the others. We would be stupid if we gave him a long term contract however. Renewing him for one year shouldn’t stop us from buying someone like SMS either. He’d cost us 10m or so with taxes. That’s peanuts in the large scheme of things.
as i said it's not about the costs. i agree, rabiot for 10m per season isn't out of the world. it's about offering more than anyone else to a player who underperformed for 3 out of 4 years and openly expressed his willingness to play in the pl. i'd let him leave.

(mds' contract expired before his last extension, but even as a free agent, you don't sign mds for 1.5m net in 2022. typical jj: these players wouldn't get anything close to their current wages at any other club)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)