Adrian Mutu (8 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
swag said:
Mutu has shown immense class in how he's handled what was a really bad situation of his own doing. He deserves major maturity points for his attitude alone.

Forza Mutu!
Indeed. I had my doubts about Mutu when I first heard that we were going to sign him. I knew that he was an excellent player with a lot of talent but I was also aware of the fact that he could be temperamental. Thankfully he has acted in a mature, professional manner, not just in overcoming his drugs problem but dealing with Capello's preferential treatment of Nedved and Ibrahimovic.

As you say, Forza Mutu!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
m_elayyan said:
again and again we say to capello , mutu is not a winger , his best position is behind the strikers
Come to think of it, aren't u the 1 that is so supportive of Capello that any criticism to him is not allowed?

KONG THE KING

Dec 23, 2005
well he's plaing lately like a champ.better then Ibra so I would like him to take Ibra's place up front and Ibra play behind of him and TRez( or on the bench chess with Alex:D)
I love DP but he just ain't in a good fizic form,and Ibra just makes me crazy with he's misses
but if crapello want's to play him LM or RM so be it,better then not plain him at all

Geof

May 14, 2004
Stuart said:
Indeed. I had my doubts about Mutu when I first heard that we were going to sign him. I knew that he was an excellent player with a lot of talent but I was also aware of the fact that he could be temperamental. Thankfully he has acted in a mature, professional manner, not just in overcoming his drugs problem but dealing with Capello's preferential treatment of Nedved and Ibrahimovic.

As you say, Forza Mutu!
yeah rep+ for Mutu!!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
1 thing which bothers and annoys me a lot is that Nedved can get away from bad performances while Mutu can't. Nedved hasn't been performing up to standard, yet he still plays, while Mutu is on the bench. It's clear that the latter is performing much more better than Nedved, yet Mutu is still on the bench. Even though he says that he is patient enough to wait, however I think that he is thinking about his purposes in the team. Even if he is played, he is played to fit into Capello's tactics, and not the coach developing his maximum potentials. I have to admit that Mutu has matured a lot and is patient enough, however I can't guarantee that he will stay with Juventus in the future if this persists.

I'm not saying that 4-4-2 is a bad formation. It is a good formation, however the coach should do his job into placing the players into their best positions where they can fully develop their potential, and this is the point which continues to annoy me regarding Capello.

To be honest, I wouldn't say no if Blasi is put into the RB position again.

Theodore

Big,Brute,PowerfulStriker
Dec 5, 2005
INTERVIEW

"I would like to be on top"
By Decebal Radulescu (Turin)

-Adrian, tell us how was the last day spent in London?
-Was a nice day but a sad one to. I think I paid the price for what I did. I paid by staying away from the football for 7 months and trust me wasn't easy.

- The suspension time, how hard was to wait such a long time?
-It was easier thinking I'll play for a great team as Juventus Turin.

-Did you ever think to quit?
-No. Difficult time is part of anybody's life. You have to fight to go trough.

-How is Capello compared to Mourinho?
-I don't know how is Chelsea's coach but I'll tell you one thing, Capello won 7 championships with 4 different teams and that says all.

-People say you are champion with Chelsea and Juventus as well.
-That's not true. I don't have any merit on neither. Maybe I helped my teammates from Juve at the training sessions but that's all. I don't need appreciations I don't deserve.

-Would you go back to play in Premier League?
-No! I would like to stay with Juventus.

-How many cars do you own?
-I sold the Aston Martin, the Licoln and the Mercedes as well. I intend to sell my London house as well.

-What cars do you drive?
-My old Porsche, the BMW X5 and same as my teammates an Alfa Romeo offered by the club.

-How about you 25 K cell phone?
-No, I don't have it anymore.

Theodore

Big,Brute,PowerfulStriker
Dec 5, 2005
Juventus striker Adrian Mutu has been named Romania's player of the year for the second time.

Mutu pips Radoi
The 26-year-old won the traditional survey of first division club presidents, coaches and captains by sports daily Gazeta Sporturilor. Mutu, who scored all the goals in Romania's FIFA World Cup wins against Andorra, the Czech Republic and Finland this autumn and has won a regular place in the Juve side since the end of his drug ban, gained 23.5 points, two ahead of FC Steaua Bucuresti captain Mirel Radoi. Veteran Dorinel Munteanu, capped a record 128 times by Romania and who as player-coach led CFR Ecomax Cluj to the UEFA Intertoto Cup final, was third.

Protasov heads Lucescus
Coach of the year is Ukrainian Oleg Protasov, who in his six months in charge of Steaua before leaving recently for FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk led the team to the UEFA Cup Round of 32. Second was a Ukrainian-based Romanian, Mircea Lucescu of FC Shakhtar Donetsk, while his son, AFC Rapid Bucuresti's Razvan Lucescu, gained third place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)