Adrian Mutu (12 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
Seven said:
Pretty much. Look, a mercenary is someone who leaves when he gets offered better conditions elsewhere, right? 90% of the football players today are like that, including Mutu.

and what is wrong with that ?

mutu had a great game against treviso but he has got to play as a striker. just before goal (1st) juve was playing a 4-3-3 with ibra on the right and mutu on the left and that gave us the first goal

Jan 7, 2004
Espectro said:
maye we have diferent opinons of a "mercenary" Seven coz if 'm not wrong, to be a mercenary is not something wrong for you.

And by the way, the things that you call "mercenary" I called them "self improvement"

but maybe Im worng ;)
you are wrong because 7 is always right

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don Bes said:
and what is wrong with that ?

mutu had a great game against treviso but he has got to play as a striker. just before goal (1st) juve was playing a 4-3-3 with ibra on the right and mutu on the left and that gave us the first goal
I never said there was anything wrong with that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Espectro said:
maye we have diferent opinons of a "mercenary" Seven coz if 'm not wrong, to be a mercenary is not something wrong for you.

And by the way, the things that you call "mercenary" I called them "self improvement"

but maybe Im worng ;)
Why would being a mercenary be wrong?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, in english mercenary isnt the most positive word to describe someone.

mer·ce·nar·y Audio pronunciation of "mercenary" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mûrs-nr)
adj.

1. Motivated solely by a desire for monetary or material gain.
2. Hired for service in a foreign army.

n. pl. mer·ce·nar·ies

1. One who serves or works merely for monetary gain; a hireling.
2. A professional soldier hired for service in a foreign army.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don Bes said:
but mutu has the capabilities of becoming our next great support striker. he will not be the next del piero because he didnt start his career since the beggining with juve, not because he changed many clubs.
Del Piero didn't start his career here either, but he was here soon enough. Had Mutu chosen Juve instead of Inter he might had had the chance to become the next Del Piero.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Zlatan said:

mer·ce·nar·y Audio pronunciation of "mercenary" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mûrs-nr)
adj.

n. pl. mer·ce·nar·ies

And isn't that what most football players are then?

But like I said, English isn't my native language.

Jan 7, 2004
Zlatan said:

adj.

n. pl. mer·ce·nar·ies

7 can you prove that he only wanted money ?

Jan 7, 2004
yes. but if we are talking Del Piero one of the greatest support strikers to play the game then mutu definetly can become del piero, if we are talking 180 goals record del piero that playered for over a decade than mutu will not become del piero

Il Fenomeno

Nov 27, 2005
I don't understand how Mutu can be considered a mercenary. All he's done is what any sane minded human being would do and that's try and do as well as you can in a career. He's tried to better himself and play at the highest level. I seriously don't know why Seven has such a problem with that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Il Fenomeno said:
I don't understand how Mutu can be considered a mercenary. All he's done is what any sane minded human being would do and that's try and do as well as you can in a career. He's tried to better himself and play at the highest level. I seriously don't know why Seven has such a problem with that.
I don't have a problem with that. Mutu is a mercenary, but almost every player out there is. When Vieri does the same, we all brand him a mercenary, but when I say the same about a Juve player people attack me. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you guys, but I doubt Mutu has always been a Juventus fan.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Seven said:
I don't have a problem with that. Mutu is a mercenary, but almost every player out there is. When Vieri does the same, we all brand him a mercenary, but when I say the same about a Juve player people attack me. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you guys, but I doubt Mutu has always been a Juventus fan.
have to agree with you there,before his drug bust there was talk of mutu coming to juve on loan and he came out and said he did not want to come to a team like juve,maybe he was coked out of his nut at the time but i remember being pissed at him for turning down the chance to play for one of the most successful teams in europe to sit on mourihnos bench. couple weeks later he got busted and we took him anyway,by which time he changes his tune about juve,probably because of the chance to get back on his feet and earn some green.
every footballer is a mercenary who is looking to earn top dollar for his services,only a very few stay loyal to a club nowadays and the few that do(del piero,maldini,zanetti)they all earn massive amounts anyway

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Actually, as far as I remember it, he wanted to go on loan to Juve but it was Chelsea that was making problems, as they wanted to change the terms when the deal had already been agreed. He had no choice but to stay and thats when he said those things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)