Adrian Mutu (3 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

I also think Mutu is pretty sharp, he still has the dribbles. But I think now (contrary to before) that Mutu cannot play this left position or is very much still learning how to play the position. I Think we should play him behind the strikers or as the support striker in the 4-4-2 formation.
That´s the position he had in Chelsea. I think he already knows it. ;)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
The trident isn't the ideal formation, only if Del Piero would start. Emerson and Vieira are ment to play in central midfield, neither of them can play on the left - they both belong in the center of the pitch. Because we can't rely on Zambrotta to cover the entire left flank every match we are basicly forced to play 4-4-2 for the entire season. Mutu can play left winger, we would lose his goalscoring ability, but gain tactical stability. Mutu is good, but not so good that we should change tactic only because of him.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
However, he's still better than the current alternative on the left wing. Even up front I'll say Mutu - Trez is probably as dangerous as Zlatan - Trez. Zlatan may have tremendous skills but at the end of the day that counts for nothing if he cant translate into goals and assists. Therefore, I'd consider Mutu to be an effective solution up front as well.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Mutu needs more time on the pitch to show us his true talents and find his place in our team,
Cap wont allow any kind of riskd for this game or the next,
we wont see any Mutu this week i am afraid,
lets hope Neddy will stundup to the expectations

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
However, he's still better than the current alternative on the left wing. Even up front I'll say Mutu - Trez is probably as dangerous as Zlatan - Trez. Zlatan may have tremendous skills but at the end of the day that counts for nothing if he cant translate into goals and assists. Therefore, I'd consider Mutu to be an effective solution up front as well.
You’ve got it all wrong.
You can’t think in a linear way like that. Its not at all about goals and assist.
And to compare Trez with Zlatan is like comparing DP with Inzagi. Would you do that even on a cloudy day?

Before answering, read this post : http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7873&postid=831587#post831587

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think the word I'm trying to potray is lateral and not linear. Please point out where in my post I've compared Zlatan and Trezeguet? :rolleyes:

The point I was making was about Mutu being an effective alternate to Zlatan, even in a straight 4-4-2.

Then again, thats as unlikely duo upfront as long as Capello is around. Its like I said earlier in my post, lateral thinking wouldnt hurt. Too bad Mr. Capello isnt listening.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
After tonight I think Capello should consider experimenting with a Zlatan - Mutu duo upfront. It would be intriguing to say the least.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Mutu's comments after the game, taken from Channel4.com

“The negative period of my career has been closed for a long time in my eyes, but this goal is very important for my confidence and came at a crucial moment of the game,” said the Romanian.

“I don’t mind playing a bit wide, as if the Coach prefers me to take that role then I’ll put my qualities to the service of the team.”

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's an interesting contrast between Mutu and Zlatan.

On the one hand, you've got Mutu, who has been in the doghouse over his past drug transgressions and club problems, and he's being as good a sport as possible to do what he can to make an impact as a team player in whatever capacity he's asked to take on. He's out to polish up his tarnished reputation, and he seems willing to shine Capello's shoes if that's what it takes to notch the team victory.

On the other hand, you've got Zlatan, who has been idolized somewhat by the fans and the press after last season. And he's had a few off matches this season to where he sort of took things a bit into his own hands today -- and got a bit selfish in his play -- where the coach even commented about how it cost the team.

Both great talents, but a bit of yin and yang up front.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Mutu's comments after the game, taken from Channel4.com

“The negative period of my career has been closed for a long time in my eyes, but this goal is very important for my confidence and came at a crucial moment of the game,” said the Romanian.

“I don’t mind playing a bit wide, as if the Coach prefers me to take that role then I’ll put my qualities to the service of the team.”

translated into english. "please capello, please"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)