Adrian Mutu (13 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
If we dont see Mutu play in the coming couple of fixtures, I think it will be pretty evident that Capello doesnt see him as part of his plans. And is just going to use him to procure Cassano or sell him or whatever. Damn, I miss Lippi.
I'm afraid the press may have actually anticipated Moggi's plans beforehand for once.

Only this time, I'm pretty sure Capello's behind it more than anyone. :down:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

I'm afraid the press may have actually anticipated Moggi's plans beforehand for once.

Only this time, I'm pretty sure Capello's behind it more than anyone. :down:

Apart frm the fact it was perhaps obvious, I think Moggi actually had more in mind with Mutu, than Capello does. And that's what's frustrating. It wouldnt be a bad idea if Moggi actually gave Capello a briefing on how to be more attacking once in a while.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I will tell you one thing, I won't miss Capello once he is out of here. After only one season I am tired of the way Capello operates, and some of the stuff he does is absolute bullshit, including not giving Mutu a chance. I am also tired of playing like shit and winning only to try to play the same way next time around.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I will tell you one thing, I won't miss Capello once he is out of here. After only one season I am tired of the way Capello operates, and some of the stuff he does is absolute bullshit, including not giving Mutu a chance. I am also tired of playing like shit and winning only to try to play the same way next time around.
Tired of winning the title too?
You can say whatever you want about Capello, but he always win titles...

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
his players win them,ex when he was in Roma he only won when he had the best team in the championship
Thats crap!

If were about to discuss certain issues we need to be objective.
Capello wins titles.
He did it in Roma, in Milan and his first year in Juve.

You don’t have to like his coaching.
You don’t have to want him in the club.
But you can never say that it’s the players that win titles.

Look at Real.
Why doesn’t the players win titles there???

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Dude Capello's contributions to all of his teams have been overrated. In the current day if you have a midfield that consists of Vieira and Emerson and an attack that has Ibra, Trez and Del Piero and you're struggling to achieve 1-0 victories against teams that are not even off your calibre. Its sad. And if you want to exclude Udinese, take Ascoli into account. Face it, with stubborn Capello at the helm, we're never going to win in style, lose a quality player like Mutu. And continue to make it difficult for ourselves each time we're out there. Imagine what Lippi would do with a team like this. Imagine.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Tired of winning the title too?
You can say whatever you want about Capello, but he always win titles...
Juventus is not always just about winning...lets not forget about our traditions and the love of the game as well. Does Capello make me love our game? I have to say no, and this is very important in my honest opinion.

We can will all we want...but it does not feel good unless we know we deserve to win.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Unfortunately, nobody will interfere whilst we keep rolling in the victories, no matter how they come. I honestly do feel however, Moggi and co. should put in a word or two to Capello about making optimal use of resources. It may not be all that bad an idea, incase the so called Don hasnt already figured it out.

For my money, displays like the one last night are not going to cut in Europe. And a lack of silverware to that end would expose Capello's limitations, I'm afraid.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Capello does have one of the best track records around anyway you look at it.and even though i would rather prefer having lippi at the helm at juventus,i dont know if he'll come back to us or not or wether he'll go back into retirement.
though it has to be argued that capello's european record is nowhere near great.the more mutu isnt played,the more i become certain that he is going to be used as a transfer pawn and he could very well be used that way come january.i really dont know if moggi signed mutu to make him play,or to use him as a transfer pawn.
capello might have asked moggi to get mutu and then use him as a transfer pawn for cassano.
sadly,mutu has not future at juventus im afraid.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Capello is a winner,but cause he is in winner teams. When did he win something without being a candidate? Sure, he knows what he´s doing and he wins matches, but does he actually contribute to the team? I don´t think so, he´s way too overrated.
PS: anyone can tell me when our next Coppa match is? I´m hoping Mutu plays at least those matches

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Exactly. He cant work with just about any team. He needs a certain set of players to implement his vision, and more often than not they're already world class. So, really, he's pretty overrated as far as being a top quality coach is concerned. His track record may look pretty, but I wonder how he would place without working with the Marco Van Bastens, Batistutas, Zlatans, Maldinis, Tottis and Cannavaros of the world.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Juventus is not always just about winning...lets not forget about our traditions and the love of the game as well. Does Capello make me love our game? I have to say no, and this is very important in my honest opinion.

We can will all we want...but it does not feel good unless we know we deserve to win.
Ok. This is both frustrating and some fun…
When you make a point here in the forum there’s always someone who replies making an argument or/and another point that you neither excluded or included in your original post.

IMO Juve is far from just winning. Just like you think.
But the question was about coaching and also someone compared Capello against Ancelotti.
Well in forms of results there is no need to compare those two.

The question you are talking about is something that I agree deeply on!
Witch I´ve taken my share of bashing for thinking and typing in here.
First games were so promising with nearly some kind of “total-play”. Haven’t seen Juve play that positive and fun for many years. (read: since the Zidane/DP era)

So I hope as well that we will start to play as we did some weeks ago again.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
ive never doubted capello's ability and i never will.i think he can work well with new players and develop them too.zlatan is a prime example of that.he turned a very average player in the form of christian panucci one of the best right backs in italy during his time with him. the thing with capello is that he uses tactics that are aimed towards getting the three points even if that means playing ugly.
capello works with his mind,not his heart.
and this is something that pisses off fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)