Adrian Mutu (7 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think we need to deploy the trident in Europe, with Mutu behind the front two. Thats the kind of fluid style that could work for us in the Champions League.
It's not a need, it's a should

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
mutu is a world class.this is not just my own opinion but its also capello's one.
but the problem is that trez and zlatan r also in great forms and we need to play with trez coz he is our best finisher .
but i think a good option would be to play with mutu behind the two forwards meanwhile this will not be easy coz also camo is in a good form and i cant imagine the team without nedved.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by engonga ] ++
mutu is a world class.this is not just my own opinion but its also capello's one.
but the problem is that trez and zlatan r also in great forms and we need to play with trez coz he is our best finisher .
but i think a good option would be to play with mutu behind the two forwards meanwhile this will not be easy coz also camo is in a good form and i cant imagine the team without nedved.
We have no choice but to sacrifice Nedved then. And put Mutu behind the strikers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think we need to deploy the trident in Europe, with Mutu behind the front two. Thats the kind of fluid style that could work for us in the Champions League.
Certainly my man. This trident will provide us with enough muscle to overpower stingy defenses, much like that of Liverpool last year. By fielding Mutu along with Trezeguet and Zlatan, we have just a bit more creativity in attack and we will see the benefits of including him in the starting 11. This certainly will not solve our creativity problems in midfield, however to make up for it we will have sufficient firepower controlling the ball in the offensive third, and a trident attack will be very hard for a zonal defense to secure because of our movement and deviation in attack. I still foresee a problem getting the ball to our forwards in tight situations, however once they recieve it we will have enough options to make a breakthrough.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Vieira or Emerson on the wing? I have never ever seen those two players play on the wing.....I'm not even sure I understand what you mean.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think Mutu playing behind the two strikerS will solve much of our problems and contrary to the belief that we severely lack the good passes from midfield, I think we severely lack movement for our midfielders to pass to, and Mutu has good movement thus he can create space for our strikers to find more space.

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
the trident attack is a very interesting option... n it proved rite last year with dp-zla-zala... we won the scudetto thnx to this tactic..
but for the cl it wont be that useful.. in cl its a completely diferrent thing... u cant expose your mid or defence too much.. so i think it would be wiser to play with mutu n trez in front
this season our mid will provide more decisive passes thanks to patrick vieira.. im sure about that as he has a really good vision of the game..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Good news guys. Ibra is being tipped to sit out the Empoli game because Capello wants to rest him for Brugge. And with Del Piero injured there are suggestions it will be a Mutu - Trez attack this weekend. :cool:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think Mutu-Trezeguet in terms of partnerships is the best one to field, I'm sure these two complement each other the best of all our forwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)