Adrian Mutu (9 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Good to see Mutu on the pitch against Cagliari, showing some hunger, making good passes and even taking a nice shot that was tipped out by the keeper (no corner given though :().

I really really hope we don't sell this guy, I think he's a fantastically talented footballer who still has a lot to offer. Please let him stay..

Mutu back in action after ban
Reuters

Romanian forward Adrian Mutu has made his debut for Juventus, returning to action after his seven-month ban from the game following a positive test for cocaine while a Chelsea player.

Mutu came on as a 57th-minute substitute for the Italian champions in their final game of the season against Cagliari, which the Turin side won 4-2.

Despite Italian media reports claiming Juventus could quickly sell him, Mutu said he was determined to stay at the club and fight for his place next season.

"These rumours don't annoy me anymore in fact they motivate me to show that I can play for Juventus," he told Sky Sport.

"The club can't offer guarantees to anyone even if you are called Alessandro Del Piero - a legend of the game. It is not a battle between him and me. There are five strikers at the club and I am one of them," he added.

The Romanian international signed a five-year deal with Juventus in January after he was sacked by Chelsea following the positive test in October but until Sunday he has only been able to train with Fabio Capello's side.

Mutu said he has learnt from the bitter experience of the past months.

"I'm more mature now. After all that has happened I know now what counts in life, private life and professional life," he said.

"I am stronger now. I want to play football. I know that what happened was my fault alone. I am not looking for excuses because I don't want to repeat my mistakes. I feel much more at ease with myself now."

Mutu has been included in the Romania squad to face the Netherlands away on June 4 and host Armenia on June 8.

The striker also commented on his relationship with Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

"I don't think he wanted to harm me," he said. "At the start of the season I asked him if he was counting on me and he said he was. He wouldn't have changed his mind after two months."

"I think he wanted to put me on the right path and maybe he has done," added Mutu.

The striker joined Chelsea in 2003 from Parma in a STG15.8 million ($A38.02 million) transfer and previously played for Italian clubs Verona and Inter Milan after making his name in his homeland with Dinamo Bucharest.

Forza Mutu

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
wow, to me it seems as he has really grown up now and I think he has an imense mental strength after what happened. Wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the MVP's next year. But lets wait and see........

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think those words speak for his attitude and love for the game. He's shown how much he desires to just play football again, and he values this chance Juventus have given him. I think he has a lot to offer, and not just in terms of play, but in terms of a maturity that could well see him be the symbol of the new generation of players that represent Juve. I sincerely hope he stays.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
These our words smartly puted to his mouth,
to avoid confrontation with mourinhio and ease the atmosfere between him and former club.
He hardly means the comments always says,
his wife knows better;-)
But he looked fit enough and he sould have given that corner!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I watched him in Romania vs Holland , he wasted a golden scoring chance in front of gaol , he is still away from his form guys

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
ya but this mean if he stays juve must wait until we can count on him or hopefully he can get his form before the new season start

Apr 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
ya but this mean if he stays juve must wait until we can count on him or hopefully he can get his form before the new season start
its true he missed one chance but he really played good for a guy whos been banned for 7 months believe me it will take him no time at all to adjust and put in mind that he played in midfield

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by uchiha_sasuke10 ] ++

its true he missed one chance but he really played good for a guy whos been banned for 7 months believe me it will take him no time at all to adjust and put in mind that he played in midfield
I hope that he can add some creativity to our midfield

ahua

Jun 5, 2005
there are roumors that moggi will use him as a part of cassano's payment to roma.
I hope thats not the case 'cause i think he is better than cassano, give him a chance and he will prove it.
plus cassano wants 6 million per season, he's crazy

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Oh come on he isnt better than Cassano,
how can u say that,
but i agree he woths a chance
and we can sign Cassano next year for free!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
with Mutu, "quality" is his name, and hopefully his game.

I think Mutu will do great with US, and this time I get the feeling that Moggi is true and will not sign cassano or gila (please prove me wrong), but I do think we have a complete striking line, with Mutu Zlatan Trez DP and Zalayeta, we dont need to spend precious money to improve slightly.

Moggi will talk directly to Cassano so that cassano will not extend his contract and join juve for free!! :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Adrian Mutu si è risposato in segreto
06 07 2005

L'attaccante rumeno Adrian Mutu si è sposato lunedì in gran segreto, con rito civile, con la sua compagna Consuelo Matos nella città di La Vega, nella Repubblica Dominicana.

L'attaccante della Juventus ha dichiarato che in ottobre verrà celebrata la cerimonia religiosa in Romania. Mutu ha divorziato nel 2003 dall'attrice rumena Alexandra Dinu con cui ha avuto anche un figlio, Mario, di tre anni.

----------------------------
Mutu has marriyed his girlfriend in dominican republic..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)