Adrian Mutu (2 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
Mutu-Meghni swop mooted
Sunday 15 May, 2005
Bologna have made a sensational request to exchange Mourad Meghni and Juve’s Adrian Mutu for next season.

“We know that the Juventus directors are very interested in Meghni,” explained Rossoblu patron Giuseppe Gazzoni Frascara in the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

“We’ve received several offers from Italy and overseas, so I really can’t hold the boy back in his career if a club is ready to put £6.5m on the table. With this in mind, we could strike a deal with Juventus that includes Mutu. I had already thought about making a move for him in December, but didn’t realise the Bianconeri were also planning the same thing.”

Juve shocked everyone in January when they snapped up the Romanian on a free transfer, as he had just been sacked by Chelsea for failing a routine drugs test.

The Stamford Bridge side is taking legal action against the move and the matter will go to the TAS sports tribunal, but Mutu will be free to resume his playing career when his ban expires at the end of this month.

“My dreams of having Mutu in a Bologna jersey are not over yet, as everyone revives their careers at the Stadio Dall’Ara,” added Gazzoni Frascara. “Beppe Signori, Roberto Baggio and Gianluca Pagliuca found a new lease of life here and we can help Mutu find himself again.”

It is not an entirely impractical idea for Juventus, as Mutu would have difficulty finding space in Turin with Alessandro Del Piero, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Trezeguet and a rumoured bid for Parma’s Alberto Gilardino.

Creative midfielder Meghni may be only 19 years old, but he has already earned the nickname ‘Little Zidane’ in his native France and could give Juve some much-needed inspiration in midfield next season.

The inclusion of Mutu on loan for a year would reduce the price-tag considerably and put them at an advantage over the other European clubs vying for his signature.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Romano

May 22, 2004
hmmz...
yea gray is right but ... i dont know mutu is fantastic so we just have to wait ... as the bologna manager says, ive got the other big names, if mutu fails in juve this year, maybe we could swoop them in januar or next summer

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
This might not be sooo STupid !!! THink about it, give mutu 1 year on loan at bologna to recovere his form.

WE get Meghni which is a highly rated creative midfielder for a cheaper price while at the same time we can still use the current
DP,Trez,Zlatan,Zalayeta strike force.

Especially if DP does really regain his form, we wont get a headache of who to start. Its hard enough to pick between Zlatan,DP, and Trez.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Meghni is a good talent. BUT I don't know how will he behave in a big club like Juve. We are not Bologna. But if he can handle a Juve Jersy this might be a very good move.. The fact that he is already playing in the Serie A means that we don't have to worry alot about Serie A fears. He's beeb playing here for a couple of years already...
But its hard for me to let Mutu go. He is one of those players I really wanted Juve to have. The fact that he can play as both right and left wing as well as a fowrad is too much to let go. PLUS he has shown his talent in the Serie A with Parma. I was more impressed with him than I was impressed with Adriano at that time.

Frag

May 14, 2005
I wouldn't give away Mutu, he deserves at least a season to prove his skill. I would risk 6-7 milions to buy Meghni , then let him grow at least another year in bologna and if he grows as I hope we'll have one of the purest talents around, and considering in 2006 Nedved will probably quit playing, a mature Meghni could be really usefull, he's so talented, let's hope he's not as fragile as his injures this year seems to say.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
The only time I saw meghi play was in our game against bologna which we won by pavels free kick and he hasnt impressed me, in some games he wasnt even a starter for bologna.
If we are going for him then we should use Legro , who is there on loan, rather then Mutu

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Very illogical move. Mutu is young enough to start with, so age really isnt even a bone of contention. Add to that, Mutu's undeniable talent and performances in the Serie A over the past few seasons, bar the one away in England last year. To me, i think this sabbatical hasnt been too long either, and it wont take Mutu too much time to recover his skill. Besides, i know we're all going to be gunning for the Champions League next year, and i dont see a better player to have in the squad when chasing such a trophy. Meghni is an unproven quantity, and that is a risk i wouldnt be willing to take if i understand our priorities correctly as far as next season is concerned.

PS: I dont care how strong Del Piero finishes this season, if not sold, Id like him to play second fiddle to Mutu, whose going to give us the attacking verve we've sorely missed this season. Having said that though, we've still managed to conjure up 82 points with two games to go. So just imagine what we'd be capable of if our midfield links up with the attack better than how it does at this point of time.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I hope it is just a rumour , this guy megni is not even compared to mutu in any way, and juve would be stupid to even think of it :(

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
First of all, Del P wont ever get sold i believe.
Second, to be honest, i would loose some respect for Juves transfer policy if they agree to sell or trade away Mutu immidietly after they got him to get lets say Cassano or Gilardino. However loan away is ok. (to regain his form)

Anyway, I believe Mutu will be a Juve player and do fantastic. After all, this is the player we ALMOST bought from Chelsea in beginning of the season.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu has been recalled by Romania for their World Cup qualifiers against Holland and Armenia next month.

Mutu, now with Juventus, completes a seven-month suspension for testing positive for cocaine on 24 May.

Romania coach Victor Piturca said: "Mutu is a key player in our squad and he cannot miss these key matches.

"He told me he is in good shape, he has recovered physically after the ban and is eager to play for Romania."

Piturca is hopeful that Mutu will play for Juventus before the end of the Serie A season.

The 26-year-old will be eligible for Juve's final game of the season against Cagliari on 29 May.

Romania, third in Group One with 13 points from seven games, face leaders Holland in Rotterdam on 4 June and then host Armenia four days later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)