Adrian Mutu (6 Viewers)

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Is that so TueF? That's the first time I've heard that. That's interesting, but I find it surprising, since Mutu was included in our official Champions League squad.
I was surprised as well, but it was in the official UEFA information before the game so unless they've made a mistake don't expect Mutu to feature this season.

OP
Daddi

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #363
    Mutu will be able to play this seasons CL if we make it that far.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Does it matter? If he is to play it will be in one game in the final and if we made it to the final then we ould have made it without his contribution so he is not needed then.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by TueF ] ++

Actually he's banned for all matches in Champions League this year. The notion that he can play the final was created by the media, but unfortunately it's wrong.
    How can that be true when his ban lasts until may 18th, and the final is at the end of may. he didnt play for chelski in the CL nad he has been registered foir the CL by Juve.

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

How can that be true when his ban lasts until may 18th, and the final is at the end of may. he didnt play for chelski in the CL nad he has been registered foir the CL by Juve.
    I don't know. Possibly it has something to do with differences in domestic and international bans but that's pure speculation on my part.

All I know is that we (I work for a Danish football magazine) got an email today from UEFA confirming that he is banned for all Champions League matches this season.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by TueF ] ++

I don't know. Possibly it has something to do with differences in domestic and international bans but that's pure speculation on my part.

All I know is that we (I work for a Danish football magazine) got an email today from UEFA confirming that he is banned for all Champions League matches this season.
    He has a global football ban until May 18th, and should therefore be available for Juventus. AFAIK, we've put him on the CL list. I dont think Moggi would have put him on the list if he couldnt play.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Even if Mutu is allowed to play, wouldn't it be a risk to play him in the Finals when we r unsure of his performance? Every player needs experience, and for me I will not put Mutu to play in this crucial game.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    Even if Mutu is allowed to play, wouldn't it be a risk to play him in the Finals when we r unsure of his performance? Every player needs experience, and for me I will not put Mutu to play in this crucial game.
    unless our attackers are injured or banned:D

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

He has a global football ban until May 18th, and should therefore be available for Juventus. AFAIK, we've put him on the CL list. I dont think Moggi would have put him on the list if he couldnt play.
    His CL-registration is rather strange, I'll give you. However, absent information to the contrary I'm inclined to believe the list from UEFA.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    I think Mutu could be the Joker if we reach the final and in the last 2 game days! as he has never played with the team in a match he could be ideal for this role!
    i really doubt that, he didnt play for more than 6 months now and u think he will fit and play a joker role in a very critical clash
    think again

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    I think Mutu could be the Joker if we reach the final and in the last 2 game days! as he has never played with the team in a match he could be ideal for this role!
    First of all,why would Capello register for Mutu to play in the CL knowing he'd only be available for the final?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    Agreed. Unless a number of players are injured or suspended Mutu shouldn't be brought into the team for a game as big as this. Del Piero, Ibrahimovic and Zalayeta are all having reasonably good seasons anyways whereas Mutu hasn't played in months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)