Adrian Mutu (9 Viewers)

OP
Daddi

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #302
    I really want to see Mutu play :D our attackers sux right now..

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    Stole this from XT......

Chelsea want £8m from Mutu
    By Matt Hughes, Evening Standard
    4 March 2005
    Chelsea are seeking to make legal history with an £8million compensation claim against Adrian Mutu.

Standard Sport revealed in January that Chelsea were considering pursuing their former player for damages after he signed for Juventus and the club have now filed a claim which will be heard by the FA Premier League appeal committee at the end March.

Chelsea are seeking compensation from Mutu based on his transfer value and sporting sanctions against the player under article 42 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players. The 26-year-old was sacked last October after testing positive for cocaine, leading to a seven-month ban, but the club claim he repudiated his contract through persistent misconduct.
    Chelsea want £8m from Mutu

The FAPL will determine whether Chelsea have a case and hand the matter on to FIFA to determine the level of compensation and any possible sanctions.

Chelsea paid Parma £15.8m for Mutu in 2003 and hope to recoup at least half of that sum, while the FIFA Resolution Chamber could also extend his sevenmonth ban. Although the claim is against the player, directly, any compensation would be paid by Juventus, who signed the Romanian striker in January.

Although there is no legal precedent, Chelsea will cite the case of Ariel Ortega, the Argentina midfielder sacked by Fenerbahce after failing to return from an international friendly. Ortega was prevented from signing for Newell's Old Boys while Fenerbahce launched a claim and he was ordered to pay his former club £6m by FIFA. He also received a six-month ban for breach of contract.

The FAPL appeal committee is a threeman body made up of legal and football experts but will not include Gordon Taylor. The players' union chief executive volunteered his services but was vetoed by Chelsea because of his close links to Mutu.

Can anyone correct me, but if Chelsea goes ahead with this, and wins, appart from having to pay.....He might be banned for further period of time?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    They have no case. Ariel Ortega was still under contract when he refused to return to Fenerbahce and tried to sign a new contract, so the circmstances were very different. Mutu was released by Chelsea and therefore they have no right to ask for compensation as they were the ones that terminated his contract.

IMO the Ariel Ortega case is not remotely connected to Mutu's.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    It does not have to mean that.

If i fire an employee that is under contract here, i can still take him to court and seek compensation if that person ****ed up. Also he/she can take me to court if they think they were fired unjustly.

Chelsea did not forfeit their right to press civil charges against Adrian if they fired him.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Even so, I serioulsy doubt Chelsea will get a penny.

i dont think they are after a penny though..:D

Mr. Chelski probably has 10 lawyers on his payroll. They have to earn their mony i guess....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)