Adrian Mutu (3 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Those bloody Englishmen :(

FA wants to prevent Mutu training
Adrian Mutu
Mutu has been banned since November
The Football Association has asked Fifa to stop banned Adrian Mutu from training with his new club Juventus.

The Romanian international striker is currently serving a seven-month suspension for testing positive for cocaine while with Chelsea.

However, Mutu, 26, can train freely on foreign soil and the loophole has angered FA chiefs who want Fifa to act.

Mutu's playing ban expires on 18 May and Juventus want him match fit for the last two games of the Serie A season.
www.bbc.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Daddi

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #242
    I heard something about Juventus want to shorten his banned time... I hope we succeed :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Those bloody Englishmen :(
    Why are the FA being so bloody spiteful? He can't play football, what's wrong with him training with his club? I think other players who are banned (Rio etc.) are allowed to keep training during their ban period. :(:(:(

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    He was allowed to train with Dinamo Buchurest, but they want to stop him from training for us.

Maybe they are trying to preotect Chelsea if we get to the Final against them.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I think they got scared after he was included in the CL squad. If we do make it to the final, do you think Mutu will play? I mean even if he trains with us for the rest of the season, would Capello trust him to play a CL final of all matches? I think Capello would look like a bloody genius if he played Mutu and he scored the winning goal.

Then again, in reality, he's probably just included incase our forwards get injured.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    yeah, but you never know. He could ge usbbed on and turn the match around.

And then there's also the chance that he will get his ban reduced if Juve appeal.

OP
    Daddi

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #247
    so it was true, the rumours about reduced ban maybe?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    i think it's a little sad that the FA are trying to stop Mutu from training, I mean he cant play anyway, whats to stop him training? Rio Ferdinand could, even if his is ban was for difference reasons!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Rio Ferdinand could, even if his is ban was for difference reasons!
    Why, because he skipped the drugs test altogether instead of failing it? Why should Rio be treated any differently? Oh, that's right, because he's English :lazy:

OP
    Daddi

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #255
    why is that? Why does man utd. fans hade england????

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Enough with comparing this to the Ferdinand situation. It's never been proven that Ferdinand did anything wrong, he just skipped a doping test. I'm sure that everyone here agrees that an eight month ban is completely absurd.

So it's not that Mutu's ban should be longer or stricter because of Ferdinand, that's reversing the situation.

And stopping Mutu from training with Juventus is just plain silly. He can't play matches anyway, so the only result of him not training is that he will get unhappy...again. Chelsea acted terribly by sacking him, but at least thta ended their and the FA's influence over him...I thought.

OP
    Daddi

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #257
    They will fail if they wanna stricten his ban. He is already been sentenced. And you can't change that now..

FORZA MUTU!!!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    why is that? Why does man utd. fans hade england????
    Simple...England used to play in Wemberly, and that was in London, United being the most hated team, especially in the South Of England, used to have there players boo'ed at England games. France '98, Becks and Utd being blamed for England's exit, Euro2000, Phil Neville blamed for England's exit, because of a bad tackle on a Romanian player, resulting in penalty which knocked England out, Becks was also blamed...the unfair (which is FACT) treatment of Utd players with the FA...mainly because Arsenal supremo David Dein is on the FA's executive board, which is why Arsenal tend to get off lightly.

Examples: Christian Negoui (Man City), misses drug test 3months before Rio, and is given a FINE. Rio (Man Utd) banned for 8months...Mutu tests POSITIVE for Cocaine, and gets a less sentence then Rio does...7months.

Also, Rio has PROVEN to have never taken any drugs, they did a test that could prove if he had taken anything within the last 12 months (before his ban), and it came up negative, this all including the FACT that, after Rio had missed the test, he rang up Carrington (Utd training ground) where the tester where, and said he'd come back to take the test, they refused and said it was too late, however the Utd sign-in/sing-out book at Carrington, showed that the testers never let for 2 HOURS after Rio rang them...

Now you understand why Man Utd fans hate England and the FA!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    Enough with comparing this to the Ferdinand situation. It's never been proven that Ferdinand did anything wrong, he just skipped a doping test. I'm sure that everyone here agrees that an eight month ban is completely absurd.
    If the ban for missing the test was any less than what he got, players who have taken drugs and know they'll get season long bans will just skip the test, since the punishment is shorter if you just skip the test

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    I've heard that some many times, but to people NOT realised that Ferdy HAD to take a test AGAIN? So, if a player did skip it, and had to do it again until he was tested again, then he'd get an even long ban...how is that so hard to see?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)