Administration vs Ali-P (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
Oedipus Complex was a good thread. That shouldnt be closed.

What if I told you that the Oedipus Complex thread was originally named "pisikoloji", which I think, and I'm by no means sure, means psychology in Turkish, and that I renamed it to Oedipus Complex as to help him get his point across better, would you still say he was treated unfairly?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

What if I told you that the Oedipus Complex thread was originally named "pisikoloji", which I think, and I'm by no means sure, means psychology in Turkish, and that I renamed it to Oedipus Complex as to help him get his point across better, would you still say he was treated unfairly?
No, thats why I said I take what I said back if I look back. I wasnt there for a good bit of Ali P. I just think it sucks that he got offended somehow and left.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

No, thats why I said I take what I said back if I look back. I wasnt there for a good bit of Ali P. I just think it sucks that he got offended somehow and left.

Thats true, but that's by no means our fault.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As Zlatan's serious digging showed, Ali-P was cut a ton of slack and given a lot of explanation and genuinely helpful guidance about how to not have his threads closed.

Unfortuantely, as much as I didn't want him to come away offended, people will take offense despite your every intention and effort. And there's little you can do about that.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Ali was nothing but treated fairly, and TBH this thread is completely unfounded. Ali-P is not banned or anything, so I really don't see what the fuss is about.

The rest of the mods and I closed a few thread of his that were either duplicate or uneccessary, we did our best to explain to him why we did what we did and to try to help him fit in. I personaly explained the concept of the various subforums and that he should not create so many new threads, and was in general very calm and friendly. If he has gotten the idea that he is either unwelcome or disliked here, there is absolutely nothing I can do about that as it is simply not true.

Case closed.
    God, I didnt think anyone would misunderstand. I wasnt for Ali-P or against the Moderators at all. This wasnt a contentious point, even.

I just believe that maybe his english is just so bad that he cant comprehend. I think someone should pm him or something, one who can speak his language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)