Adel Taarabt (1 Viewer)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I know this thread will have more haters than fans, but this one of the those players i enjoy to watch.

Date of birth 24 May 1989 (age 22)
Place of birth Fes, Morocco
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Playing position Midfielder/Winger
Club information
Current club Queens Park Rangers
Number 7​

Adel Taarabt (Arabic: عادل تعرابت‎) (born 24 May 1989) is a Moroccan footballer who plays for Queens Park Rangers as an Attacking Midfielder and can also be used as a Winger.
He began his playing career in France at Lens before moving to English Premier League team Tottenham Hotspur in 2007. He was unable to break into the first team at Spurs under either Juande Ramos or Harry Redknapp and moved to QPR, initially on loan, in July 2009 and then permanently in August 2010. He quickly established himself at Loftus Road and was made captain by manager Neil Warnock at the start of the 2010–11 season. He represented France at youth levels but opted to play for his native Morocco at senior level making his debut in February 2009.

Early career
Born in Fes, Morocco Taarabt grew up in Berre-l'Étang, France having moved there at the age of nine months. He began his career at Lens in 2004, and played 14 games for RC Lens B in the Championnat de France amateur. He made one first team appearance for Lens during the 2006–07 season.

Tottenham Hotspur
Taarabt signed for Tottenham Hotspur on a long-term loan on 2 January 2007 after the club offered to quickly integrate him into the first team to offer him maximum playing time. Within two months he made his first senior appearance in a Tottenham shirt, entering as a 87th minute substitute against local rivals West Ham United, which ended as a 4–3 victory. He made a second appearance in the 1–0 loss to Chelsea, again as a second half substitute, playing as a striker.
Tottenham signed Taarabt permanently on 8 June. Upon signing for Tottenham he was hyped as the next Zinedine Zidane. He scored his first goal for Spurs in a pre-season friendly against Stevenage Borough on 7 July. He made his first appearance of the 2007–08 season with Tottenham against Derby County in the 4–0 win on 18 August, which he entered at the 70th minute.
At the beginning of the 2008–09 season, Taarabt was not given a squad number by then manager Juande Ramos, though he was given his old number when Harry Redknapp took over team management.
On 13 March 2009, he joined Championship team Queens Park Rangers on loan until the end of the season.He scored his first goal for QPR in a 2–1 win over Bristol City. His loan spell was cut short after he suffered a knee injury which required surgery.
Taarabt rejoined QPR on a season-long loan for the 2009–10 season on 23 July 2009. On 1 October, Taarabt scored a "wonder strike" in a match against Preston North End. He collected the ball on his chest inside the QPR half and dribbling 20 yards past three players and curled in a shot from 25 yards. This led Jim Magilton to label Taarabt as a "genius" and the goal is seen as one of the Championship's finest.
Tottenham confirmed in October 2009 that Taarabt could stay at QPR for the season providing that a Premier League club did not make a bid for him in the January transfer window. QPR were unable to make the transfer a permanent one because they could not afford the £4.5 million valuation placed on Taarabt by Spurs.
In March 2010, Taarabt was quoted in an interview as being sorry that he signed for Tottenham. He had said "The big mistake was to sign for Tottenham and not go to another club when I first came over". He stated that he wished he had signed for Arsenal instead but had opted for Spurs after Damien Comolli moved from being a scout at Arsenal to director of football at Spurs. He stated that he felt he would have been given more chances to play at Arsenal and was advised at the time not to sign for Spurs by his friends Armand Traore and Abou Diaby, who play for Arsenal.
Taarabt went on to state his intention to sign for one of the top clubs in Spain "I hope to be playing for one of the top four in Spain next season – Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia or Sevilla. I have contact with good teams and I know that they want me. Now I just have to hope they can agree a deal with Tottenham."
In January 2011, Taarabt was interviewed by the Evening Standard, in which he stated: "The man who took me to Tottenham was Damien Comolli, now at Liverpool. He was at Arsenal then. But, when I was going to go to Arsenal, he moved to Tottenham. He told me: 'Come to Tottenham. We want to do like they do at Arsenal and take the best young players in the world. You're going to have a better chance there.' I believed him. This was a mistake and I regret it. Tottenham tried to do it like Arsenal but it's a different culture. I would have had a better chance at Arsenal. I would progress with Arsene Wenger. He is a legend in France, one of the best managers in the world".
Queens Park Rangers

Taarabt signed permanently for QPR on 4 August 2010 on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee. He scored his first goal as a permanent QPR player during the first game of QPR's 2010–11 Football League Championship campaign against Barnsley, a penalty during the 4–0 win on 7 August 2010. Taarabt's performances for QPR during August 2010 earned him the Championship's Player of the Month award, as QPR topped the table.
In August 2010, with club captain Martin Rowlands a long-term injury victim and stand-in captain Fitz Hall unavailable, Taarabt was named captain.In December, manager Neil Warnock revealed that Taarabt would continue to serve as captain even after Hall's return from injury.
Taarabt was influential in QPR remaining unbeaten for the first 19 games of the season, equaling a club best dating back to 1972, before losing to Watford in December 2010. He scored key goals in games against the likes of Reading, Preston and fellow title contenders Cardiff as well as a stunning brace on boxing day to defeat eventual play-off winners Swansea 4-0.
By the end of February 2011, Adel had scored 15 Championship goals for the season. The 15th was scored from the penalty spot in a 3–0 away win at Middlesbrough. On 30 April, Taarabt scored the first of the goals in a 2–0 win over Watford to help crown his team as champions and securing promotion to the Premier League.

International career

Taarabt represented France at under-16, under-17 and under-18 levels, but opted to play for Morocco, saying "I felt the time was right when I was given this opportunity".On 11 February 2009 Taarabt played his first international match with Morocco in a friendly against Czech Republic in Casablanca.He also made an appearance on 29 March during Morocco's 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier 2–1 defeat against Gabon.
Taarabt scored his first international goal on his first start on 31 March 2009 in a friendly 2–0 victory over Angola.On 6 September 2009 he scored his first goal in a competitive international match against Togo in the 2010 World Cup qualification after he broke through the opposing defence in stoppage time.
On 3 June 2011, Taarabt ended his international career the day after being dropped to the bench for an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Algeria.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Never saw him before this year, though I had heard of him. I've seen him play 2-3 games with QPR and he has been quite impressive so far, though he has not scored yet...he is exciting to watch, as is Faulin from QPR

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Every time I see his name I get to hear about his failure at Tottenham and instant replies how he chokes at 'big' clubs. I'm not sure how to classify this guy, I've seen him doing some tricks but I didn't watch him that often.

OP
Cheesio

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #5
    Adel for me is the best moroccan talent we have right now, his problem is his head, if he can sort that problem he'll be a decent player in any team.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Adel for me is the best moroccan talent we have right now, his problem is his head, if he can sort that problem he'll be a decent player in any team.

Jesus Christ, what the hell did just happen, I had that song in my head and when I played the video I was like :shifty: WTF

And what do you mean with his head? He's having attitude problems, inconsistent?

OP
    Cheesio

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #7
    Every time I see his name I get to hear about his failure at Tottenham and instant replies how he chokes at 'big' clubs. I'm not sure how to classify this guy, I've seen him doing some tricks but I didn't watch him that often.
    He was an 18 years old when he signed for Totthenham, never got a fair chance and you must know how much it's difficult for a player coming from Africa to blossom at such a young age.

Never saw him before this year, though I had heard of him. I've seen him play 2-3 games with QPR and he has been quite impressive so far, though he has not scored yet...he is exciting to watch, as is Faulin from QPR
    Yes, he's been doing alright this year not like last year tough, he's still QPR best player but i'd like him to move to spain or france where his strength will be more used.His style of play doesn't suit england.

OP
    Cheesio

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #9
    Jesus Christ, what the hell did just happen, I had that song in my head and when I played the video I was like :shifty: WTF

And what do you mean with his head? He's having attitude problems, inconsistent?
    Yep he in some way like Balotelli, he's very confident and arrogant at the same time. He's a very moody player ( Zlatan), if he's enjoying the game you get one of the most ecviting players, if he's bored he tend to fade away from games.

I heard Real was interested in him, but those news faded away.
    Real, Arsenal, Chelsea were all interested in him but PSG and Malaga showed the real interest this summer and i thought he'll be leaving. Some freinds met him in a club here in Marrakech early in the summer and asked him if he's leaving and he said i'm definetely going to leave, i don't know what happened but i know that the fee that QPR was asking was high and PSG withdrawn from the negociations. I hope he leaves as early as January. It doesn't help playing with 10 Iaquintas.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Every game i've seen him play so far he has seemed to be enjoying himself, for his sake, hopefully he gets rid of his bad attitude (though this year the few games I've seen he hasn't had a bad attitude)

Nedvěd

He was tearing Championship defenders to shreds last season, but so much this season in the Premier league. Very skillful with amazing footwork. The Premier league might not be his best choice, he'd fit more in Italy, France or Spain.
    Thing is, no matter how good he can be, there are loads of attacking midfielders of his age, and even younger, and already better.

Götze, Özil, Nasri, Pastore, Iličić, Lamela, Ganso etc... are all better than him, and play in his position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)