Accounting and Economics books (1 Viewer)

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    i got 2 quiz results yesterday :)

Economics A*
    Accounting B ..

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #31
    if 80-90 i guess tht's a B+ ;)

90-96 = A
    96-100= A*

i got the midterms after Ramadan

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Paolo, what's ACA? Some kind of qualification?

I am still undecided on which consentration to chose: I am leaning towards either AIS- Accounting Info Systems or HRIS- Human Resources Information Systems...

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Association of chartered accountants, the most recognised and important accountancy qualification you can get over here.

If you want my advice, go for the accounts one. Human resources is dreadfully boring, we have a HR department where we work

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Association of chartered accountants, the most recognised and important accountancy qualification you can get over here.

If you want my advice, go for the accounts one. Human resources is dreadfully boring, we have a HR department where we work
    You have a conventional view on HR- I used to think the same before I joined this program. Its role has changed dramatically in the past 10 years.

It now carries more of a strategic sense, with all the increased litigation in the U.S. All major businesses here are implementing sophisticated HR software like PeopleSoft, Oracle and SAP. There is a lot of business related to this software implementation and maintenance, which, in 90% of the cases is outsourced to consulting companies. Also, HR professionals with advanced degrees have a good chance of getting into Strategy Consulting, which is very competative though.

With accounting it's even easier to get a job because demand for qualified accountants is just too high and it will never go down. But the job itself seems kinda boring to me- sitting in a cubicle and counting numbers all the time. Good side is that I can get into ERS- Enterprise Risk Services- compliance with finance, accounting and IT regulations.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I'm not going to go into the HR in depth, I don't honestly know that much about it.. but accountancy sitting in a cubicle and counting numbers couldn't be further from the truth I can assure you. True, a lot of your work will be figure based, but its a hell of a lot more than just adding up and, where i work at least, there's about 35 people on my floor, between the ages 18-25 who I get on with very well. Its all open plan so we talk all day as well as working. Its a very good atmosphere and i'm enjoying it a lot at the minute!

Plus you get to go out to client's premises, advise them on how to plan or what strategy to use for the next year... so you're kind of a business advisor as well as accountant....and you get a lot of overtime money :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I'm not going to go into the HR in depth, I don't honestly know that much about it.. but accountancy sitting in a cubicle and counting numbers couldn't be further from the truth I can assure you. True, a lot of your work will be figure based, but its a hell of a lot more than just adding up and, where i work at least, there's about 35 people on my floor, between the ages 18-25 who I get on with very well. Its all open plan so we talk all day as well as working. Its a very good atmosphere and i'm enjoying it a lot at the minute!

Plus you get to go out to client's premises, advise them on how to plan or what strategy to use for the next year... so you're kind of a business advisor as well as accountant....and you get a lot of overtime money :D
    Yeah, I probably have a wrong idea of what "real" accounting is.

How is it in comparison to internal auditing? You've got to the be CIMA certified for the ladder, right?

Here in the US there is CPA- Certified Public Accountant thing, which is applicable both to accounting and auditing.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    You don't have to be CIMA qualified to be an internal auditor, in fact you don't actually HAVE to have any qualification for that job, its entirely at the firm's discretion. However the vast majority are either fully or part qualified, either as CIMA (more likely) ACA or ACCA.. which are the main three types of accountancy qualification you can get.

Benefits of being an internal auditor are that you basically get a lot more money provided you're working for a large enougb company, and you don't actually have to do a great deal of taxing work. Plus whenever you have a problem a quick call to your auditors (external) and they'll put you on the right track. The internal accountant at a company I audited a while back was on £60,000 a year, plus bonuses (she was a director) and yet she knew less than me about accounting (and I've been in the job a year!!)

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    btw this is ma college website,, not much, but does the job right :p

http://www.msa.eun.eg

gtg nw cuz i have maths and economics lectures, bye :)

c'ya all after juve's match x roma,, FORZA JUVE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)