AC Milan VS Sloven Liberec - Leg 2 (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
AC Milan need just a tie away from home in this game to guarantee them Champions League football next season. Should the club fail, it would surely be a disaster considering the quality of the squad that has been assembled over the past few years. Milan have not competed in the Champions League since two years ago and have failed miserably in recent years at replicating the success they had in the early 90s. The loyal tifosi will expect a reaction: one that starts with qualification for the Group Stage.

Slovan are no minnows. They may have been regarded as one last year, but after their giant killing spree that accounted for Mallorca and Olympique Lyon among others in last years UEFA Cup, they have become a recognizable threat in Europe. In fact, both Liberec and Milan fell victim to the same opponent in last season's UFFA Cup: eventual runners-up Borussia Dortmund.

Liberec have a number of things going their way as they prepare for Wednesday night's fixture. Not only are the Czechs going to be playing in front of their home crowd, but they also have three league games under their belt while Milan are still waiting for the start of the Serie A (which has been delayed twice already).

TEAM NEWS
Antonيn Kinsky is out with a long-term injury, but Petr Lukلڑ could be back to marshal the Czech defence. While Johana did an incredible job at the San Siro, the return of Lukلڑ could mean that he is relegated to the bench. Blaha remains ever likely to be second choice to Slepicka up front. Hauzr continues to man the sticks in the absence of Kinsky.

Milan have a number of injury worries on their part. Goalkeeper Christian Abbiati, defender Roque Jr. and striker Andriy Shevchenko are all ruled out with various injuries. However, they do have their big summer signing Rivaldo available and it is almost certain that the elegant Brazilian will partner Filippo Inzaghi in attack. The in-form Rui Costa will play in a flat 4-man midfield that may or may not feature Clarence Seedorf, who impressed in the first leg. Dida replaced Abbiati in goal.

PROBABLE LINEUPS
Slovan Liberec (4-4-2): Hauzr; Pilny, Lukلڑ, Holenلk, Janu; Capek, Langer, Hodْr, Zboncلk; Nezmar, Slepicka

AC Milan (4-4-2): Dida; Simic, Laursen, Maldini, Kaladze; Gattuso, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Serginho; Inzaghi, Rivaldo

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Slovan Liberec have pulled off some amazing results in Europe in recent times, and on Wednesday they have the chance to pull of the biggest of them all. However, if Milan score once in Liberec, Slovan will have to score three to eliminate them I can see Milan scoring at least that one goal, but can't imagine Slovan doing what they need to. Another hard-fought Milan victory seems the obvious choice.

Slovan Liberec 0-1 AC Milan

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Azzurina ] ++
Oh, how I love Juve fans:touched:
I feel the same way about Italian Calcio. dont u suppport juve??

Personally I hope Pippo scores at least 2 goals. A great ex-juventino. I hope rivaldo will do well-seeing so many failed big-name transfers kinda makes me tired. rui costa last season, nakata, nedved-for a specific time anyways, and who not.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Rivaldo will play some part in the Rossoneri's vital Champions League qualifier against Slovan Liberec tonight.

"I don't know whether he will start the match but he will certainly play," said Ancelotti.

Milan are 1-0 up from the first leg, but the coach believes that his side are far better prepared for tonight's second game.

"We are in much better condition than we were two weeks ago," he said. "Those 15 days of training are extremely important at this stage of the campaign. We know this is a crucial encounter."

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Milan are 1 goal in front scored by that man again super pippo. he got on to a beautiful ball by costa and made no mistake, he had arleir spurned a good chance in which he fashioned out himself but he did handle but the ref didint see it

His movement is causing slavan probs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)