About the strikers (1 Viewer)

Juvenille

May 12, 2004
I have seen quite many Juventus games, ok, not so many as a lot of you because in my country they dont show serie a games often, but champions league games i have seen. So-we have Del Piero who is an exellent player(my favourite :angel: ), we have trezeguet who can also score quite many goals and now we have Zlatan, in my opinion the most talented youngster in whole europe. But we also have Zalayeta. My question goes out to the fans who have seen lots of Juventus games. Is Zalayeta any good ? I have seen him in 3-4 games and so far nothing special :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Zala is good 5th striker, nothing more... by the way, welcome to forums! :)

But next time post these kind of threads to team talk-section...

Sep 28, 2002
welcome estonian dude.
yes, you're right, we have 4 strikers. what erkka ment, was that zalayeta isnt good enough to be a 4th striker in team like juventus. not that i disagree... hell, give the kid a chance, he didnt fail miserably, did he?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
But IMO we deserve someone better as 4th striker... Well, if he does well this season, I won't complain...

Estonia is cool, though they borrowed our national anthem... :irritate::D

Jul 28, 2002
what we lack is mico....we lack pace up front .... we have three muscle men, one of them with great skill, another who works hard, another who ha sthe nack of scoring...but none with pace.....then we have dp, who is neither strong or pacey anymore, but he offeres the fantasay factor....

imo we seriously lack pace.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
yeah, Miccoli would have been awesome sub, but I'm mad about the manner he left... And I blame Del Piero for it... :(

Jul 28, 2002
we need him back, merely for his pace.... and bullet shot, and skill, he was really looking good in pre season...argggghh!!!we need him.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
yeah, Miccoli would have been awesome sub, but I'm mad about the manner he left... And I blame Del Piero for it... :(
Give me a break, how the hell was that Del Piero's fault?, and we cant have anyone better than Zalayeta as a 4th striker, do you people actually know how little a 4th striker gets to play?, i think Zalayeta is our only alternative who accepts being it. Miccoli was beginning to make trouble!.

OP

Juvenille

May 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    Estonia is cool, though they borrowed our national anthem... :irritate::D

:drool: About the national anthem - its sound was created by The Finnish composer Fredrik Pacius in 1848, but the estonian lyrics we wrote ourselves :angel:, by Johann Voldemar Jannsen and it became the national anthem for Finland and For Estonia after the I World War...but u know thats the way it should be between neighbours, i borrow your sugar, you borrow mine salt:angel:

About the 4th striker...isn`t there anybody ready in the Youth Teams to make the big step into First team?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

Give me a break, how the hell was that Del Piero's fault?, and we cant have anyone better than Zalayeta as a 4th striker, do you people actually know how little a 4th striker gets to play?, i think Zalayeta is our only alternative who accepts being it. Miccoli was beginning to make trouble!.
    eh, didn't get the sarcasm?! I meant that Miccoli seemed to blame DP for everything, and I'm pissed to him about that...

And Juvenille, I know that stuff already, and it's just cool...:)

Some say that Rej Volpato from youth team is good, but I bet that only few of us have ever even seen him... I think that our youth squad is strong, so probably there are some good forwards too... And our future guns Chiumento and Benjamin are on loan, no need to worry... Yet...

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    I agree with Joun#10.. we lack pace upfront.. the way micco left was frustrating, but that's the only solution if we are to bring zlatan.. I don't think micco would've stayed as a fourth striker.. he surely is not a fourth striker material, he's more than that..

I don't know if it is better now.. but, I'm affraid that we will regret this.. as the season progress, with our tight schedule, if both zlatan and trez were injured, our attack will suck big time.. unless DP can get back his 97 form, which a long shot..

oh wait, I totally forgot about Kapo and Oliveira.. I'm sure Capello could use them well in the attack, don't you think..??

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Zala is a good 4th striker. Not a great player, but good enough to play 4 matches a year. Plus: he doesn't complain! that's a great point!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Miccoli clearly didn't want to be 4th striker behind DP, Trez, and Zlatan and that's why he left. A player of his talent doesn't deserve to sit on the bench game after game after game so he said "I've had enough of this shit".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)