Aaron Ramsey (13 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I'm pretty surprised Milan has so many low wages in their squad.
Milan did a whole restructuring after their latest ownership change with Maldini. They had huge wages and no success so they shifted the focus to young players with lower salaries successfully.

- - - Updated - - -

Check for yourself, how many players in yellow there are

eir0fmw5q9s51.png
Honestly looking at this table with the steep financial difficulties we have, its difficult to justify Ronaldo for the next years.

Its clear that the wages need to come down a bit, and that there are better players in Serie A than ours that could help us do that.

Ramsey 8m -> De Paul 2m
Alex Sandro 6m -> Gosens 2m
Rabiot 7m -> Locatelli 1.5m

Right there are obvious moves that reduce the wages by 15m and that is after doubling (or more) the salaries of the new signings. Of course the new singings would come with heavy transfer fees but in the long term it should be beneficial still.

Then there are Ronaldo. Morata, and Dybala. One or two may leave and that releases a lot of money.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Just ask Ronaldo for a paycut. If he says no, tell him to shop around and see if anyone else is willing to pay him the same wages. Doubt anyone says yes, on top of paying a transfer fee.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think on a contract extension, with a reduced salary we can both profit, IF no one is willing to pay him those wages. He takes less money next season but makes up for it by having another 3-4 year contract
Man that's so heavy. I wouldn't have balls to offer that even to Ronaldo. I'm not sure I'd had balls for even three years, let alone 4.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Man that's so heavy. I wouldn't have balls to offer that even to Ronaldo. I'm not sure I'd had balls for even three years, let alone 4.
Anyone else I'd refuse but with him? Ibra has kept himself in shape until 40, there is no doubt in my mind that Ronaldo can do atleast as long, if not more. I think he holds off until 2026 world cup in America, that's too big for him to miss imo

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Anyone else I'd refuse but with him? Ibra has kept himself in shape until 40, there is no doubt in my mind that Ronaldo can do atleast as long, if not more. I think he holds off until 2026 world cup in America, that's too big for him to miss imo
Contract extension then with a paycut would be great, as long as we sell Dybala, because we shouldn't have both here.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Looking at that table I see potential. I see some players that the club needs to make a hard call on...ronaldo dybala for example. I see players like bonucci sandro rabiot and ramsey which are all no brainers and can leave.

Understanding players come in and get paid...but you could essentially double gosens and de Paul's current wages and still be financially better off, not to mention have two better players than our current options.

Lots of work for the club to do..but making the hard calls and investing in younger players will help get us through the financial shit we are in.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Check for yourself, how many players in yellow there are

eir0fmw5q9s51.png
I did a list of gross salaries if anyone cares, i hope my calculations are correct:
Ronaldo 54M
De Ligt 14M
Dybala 13M
Rabiot 12.5M
Ramsey 12.5M
Bonucci 11.5M
Szczesny 11.5M
Alex Sandro 10.5M
Chiesa 9M
Cuadrado 9M
Berna 7M
Danilo 7M
Morata 6.5M
Arthur 6.5M
Chiellini 6M
Bentancur 4.5M
Kulu 4.5M
McKennie 3M
Demiral 3M
Buffon 2.5M

If you come from abroad, you have to commit to staying 2 years to have the new tax law benefits, so im not sure it works Morata same way as Arhur

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)