Aaron Ramsey (19 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That’s what a mezzala is tho, right? Can play all over midfield, mainly helping out the wingers and shifting left or right as needed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't think there's anything wrong with associating the modern term for something tactical or a style of play but it literally means "half winger", i.e. the outside players in a three man midfield. Not a CM and not a winger. Ramsey in this role could either be used in an advanced position or even box-to-box.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So he is likely to take matuidi's spot as LCM? Probably a good idea, 8/10 games we play per year a player of Ramseys attributes makes much more sense for us then matuidi.

Though i wonder how allegri will see it. With Ramsey instead of matuidi he probably wont feel comfortable to play three forwards up front who barely track back.

Makes me wonder if this ramsey acquisition is something allegri wants or the club just jumping on an opportunity they see and leaving it to allegri to make the best of it

Oct 23, 2011
Those wages are too much on the high end for my liking. He better not be our only reinforcement in midfield this summer, would be very underwhelming otherwise. Time will tell, I guess. Apart from that, he will contribute to our midfield as he has skills our current midfielders are lacking.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Marchisio is the obvious comparison, although Ramsey is more dangerous around the area. As soon as I read the rumour I had younger Marchisio's position in my head.
Ramsey is also more of a leader just look at Wales.. Sometimes it feels Wales are actually two players carrying another 9 (like Eriksen is doing for Denmark) but I`d say Marchisio was way better defensively

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ramsey is also more of a leader just look at Wales.. Sometimes it feels Wales are actually two players carrying another 9 (like Eriksen is doing for Denmark) but I`d say Marchisio was way better defensively
Well it’s a good thing we never signed him for his defensive attributes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)