A True Gentleman in every sense of the word. (2 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This week marks the 20th anniversary of the Serie A debut of undoubtedly one of the greatest and classiest defenders not only in Italy, but the world, Il Capitano for the Rossoneri, Paolo Maldini.

He made his debut on January 20 1985 at the age of 16 against none other than Udinese, their opponent for this week.

I just wanted to say congratulations to the man, and to say thank you for your wonderful years of service for club and country. Depsite my alleigances to Juve, I have always had a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for this man and the way he approaches the game, both on the pitch and off.

This man is an example of pure class, of fair play, and of always respecting the opposition, regardless of how badly he wanted to beat them.

Again, good sir, I say Thank You, and Congratulations.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Congrats Il Capitano. Only I hope you don't celebrate your 20th season with the Scudetto or the Champion's League.

The Coppa Italia would be ok. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The best defender I have ever seen play in my life, one who makes an art of his trade, congrats and all respect to you Paolo.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
The players Ive admired most off the field of Italian football is Del Piero and Maldini. I'm glad such a man still belong at the top after 20 years in one of the best leagues in the world. Respect!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
One of the best Defenders not only in Italy but in Football History, am a big fan of Maldini, always kept my eyes on him....What a legand!!! the day he retires, am really gonna miss him as well as the whole world....Bravo Il Capitano!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Congratulations Maldini! :star:

He's a true role-model in sports!
Amazing!!

It'll be a sad day when he hangs up his boots.. :frown:

Elegance, class, determination,.... the list goes on!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
good god thats amazing. i didnt know he was going on for that long! class player still at that age..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
What a player! He's a true legend, probably the best defender I've ever seen play. He is a world-beater both on and off the pitch, an excellent leader and a brilliant performer. Thank you for everything you've given the footballing world and congratulations. It's impossible not to admire and respect this man.

Forza Paolo Maldini :thumb:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I watched the match against Udinese & I could have sworn he wanted to cap it all with a goal! Nothing but respect for him as he has been one of the best defenders ever to grace the game. At his age it is surprising that he has the hunger & motivation to win. I admire him for all that. A true :star:
Congratulations!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)