A season with Chelsea and Abramovich (3 Viewers)

Gogeta

Jan 20, 2004
Chelsea are well out of order to get rid of ranieri. For this teams first season they have achieved better than ever and thats with an unsettleted side. Where is the loyalty in the game

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Gogeta, your right. But I dont think the issue is loyalty. A club's owner doesnt have to be loyal to anyone. He just does what he thinks will help the club.

Unfortunately I think the blame should be put on pressure. You cant expect a coach to win trophies in one season. Too much too fast.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
Gogeta, your right. But I dont think the issue is loyalty. A club's owner doesnt have to be loyal to anyone. He just does what he thinks will help the club.
But does he really think it'll help the club? He probably does, because he doesn't know shit about football, but honestly, if Roman expects Chelsea to improve, it would mean winning the Premiership and the CL, which I don't think is gonna happen. Finishing in the best position in the Premier League in the club's history and making the semis of the Champions League is no mean feat, especially when you're playing with a squad that was largely assembled in a matter of weeks.

I think Abramovich just wants to change everything to show everyone how much money he's got. Ranieri isn't a 'big-name' manager, so RA probably thinks "Hey, if I pay Deschamps 3.2m per year, it probably means he'll make the team better!" :wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Just because he makes a lot of money and is an extraordinary businessman, doesn't mean he knows anything about football. I mean the fact that he bought a Premiership club to try and buy trophies in the first place has gotta tell you something :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
First of all, don't compare yourself with Buffon :D

Second of all, learn to construct real sentences :p

Seriously though, firing Ranieri is a terrible footballing decision IMO

Aug 1, 2003
there was a tribute to ranieri on tv yesterday (and there's non for lippi, fokers!) i like ranieri and it's probably a bad decision but I understand why abramovich perhaps wants him out, he probably couldn't stand the same coach for long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)