A question for everyone (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
a question for everyone. chelsea showed interest in sheva and milan said hands off. they said they were a buyer club not a seller club.
is juve a mainly a buyer club or a seller club, maybe both. the new rumours that juve may sell trez points to it. what do u think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We are certainly both. We sold the best player in the last decade, Zidane, to Real Madrid a few years ago for a substantial amount of money. With that cash we bought Nedved, Buffon, and Thuram. Obviously we do both on the market.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stripper ] ++
a question for everyone. chelsea showed interest in sheva and milan said hands off. they said they were a buyer club not a seller club.
is juve a mainly a buyer club or a seller club, maybe both. the new rumours that juve may sell trez points to it. what do u think?

they like to have their books balanced. when we see that a sale is neccessery or benefitial we will sell

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
i don't know were you get that nonsense rumours from cause Trez isn't going anywere and extended his contract:D

Jul 12, 2002
The terms seller club and buyer club refer mainly to how teams make money. Smaller teams balance their books by selling young promising players that they have developed. Bigger teams generally buy those players. That's not to say that the bigger teams never sell anyone, but rather that they are under no pressure to do and will not sell anyone unless they want to sell them.

Geof

May 14, 2004
It's stupid to say that they're ne seller club. They have to buy players and sell others.....

The point is IMO that they don't sell their in-form players to win money. That's a good thing as selling Sheva would be a stupid thing to do right now.
On the other hand, they could get huge money by selling Sheva, and then easily afford, let's say Robinho, Cavenaghi, Gilardino, Cassano (at least 2 of the mentioned).

Juve is a seller (didn't we sell Baggio, Zidane, Inzaghi,....) and a buyer (Emo, Thuram, Nedved, Buffon,.........)

Moggi is good in balancing both needs and I trust him on that.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
We have been both all the time...

Unlike teams like Real Madrid and Inter Milan, our bosses think strategically about the future.
exactly

Apr 12, 2004
I believe that Juve does both.

So does Bayern.

erado

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

I believe that Juve does both.

So does Bayern.

oh..izzit? I tot Bayern is always one of those buying club... and most of their vet players retired or left the club after their peak... just curious about this one, how much is their biggest sale they received from their player?

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I say we're a THRIFTY BUYER!

We barely sell, but when we do, it's because we know we can get so much more with the worth of our sale.

We BARELY sell, but when we do, we sell our big players.

We MOSTLY buy a lot, but never spend too much on big players.

It's a very conservative way of financial mentallity which I admire. But who can complain, we're the 3rd richest Sporting Organization in the world. Next to Manchester United, and the New York Yankees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)