a question about Ac MILAN (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
wowowowowowowowow

I missed a discussion about Fries??? Belgian Fries???? Ok let there one thing be clear: The Belgians invented the Fries!

Here, we make the best fries in the world. you can choose out of 100 sauces, 4or 5 different fats to cook the fries in (beef, olive oil, ....) if you travel through belgium you'll see plenty of them Fritkots (and not Fritkoets as mentioned in Jeeks' link) or Frituurs where the best golden potatoes are cooked twice in the 180°C fat....

hmmmm.... :lick: I'm hungry now.

and don't you ever call the FRENCH fries again.
please.
;)
Now I feel hungry, I miss those fries

:lick: Chez Antoine, Place Jourdan :drool:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Finger licking good.

...or was that Wendy's? :rolleyes:

Nevermind.

I was always a fan of a local band with the name "JFKFC"... at least their name, that is.

i got a free frosty because of her :cool:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
so what are they called in Belgian McDonalds' ?
That is the name of a company, you dont translate it.

Same as if my name was different in a different country, I'd still be called Nicole, because it is my name, you dont translate it!

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Now I feel hungry, I miss those fries

:lick: Chez Antoine, Place Jourdan :drool:
no way:eek::eek: you know Chez Antoine??? you've been to brussels Jeeks? or you live here??

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Oh, you meant that are "french fries" called?

Well, so you know...its actually right. Because in Belgium they speak French.
they're called "frites" in french and "frieten" in flemish

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

no way:eek::eek: you know Chez Antoine??? you've been to brussels Jeeks? or you live here??

I lived in Brussels for 6 months a couple of years ago, I miss it now :down:

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Oh, you meant that are "french fries" called?

Well, so you know...its actually right. Because in Belgium they speak French.
Belgium is divided in two parts. In the first one, called Wallonië, people do speak French. In the second part however, the people speak Dutch. This is called Vlaanderen. Brussel belongs to neither, and because there has been a 'language war' for centuries the Belgians are trying to keep Brussel as neutral as possible. Therefor all signs are written in both Dutch and French.

Belgium only exists on the map. In the day to day life people come from either Wallonië or Vlaanderen. So be careful when you say Belgians speak French :)

And while I was at the Reading Festival in England last summer I was asked the most stupidest remark ever:

"You're from Amsterdam? Cool! Great country!"

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

Belgium is divided in two parts. In the first one, called Wallonië, people do speak French. In the second part however, the people speak Dutch. This is called Vlaanderen. Brussel belongs to neither, and because there has been a 'language war' for centuries the Belgians are trying to keep Brussel as neutral as possible. Therefor all signs are written in both Dutch and French.

Belgium only exists on the map. In the day to day life people come from either Wallonië or Vlaanderen. So be careful when you say Belgians speak French :)

And while I was at the Reading Festival in England last summer I was asked the most stupidest remark ever:

"You're from Amsterdam? Cool! Great country!"
Where is Flemmish spoken?

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Where is Flemmish spoken?
in Flanders (that is Vlaanderen in Flemish)

and@ Mr.gol: Belgium doesn't only exist on a map. There are tensions (unarmed, we're not gonna pull up any war ;) ) between French-speakers and Flemish speakers on hundreds of matters (Flanders is richer so they complain about them paying taxes for the others...), but there are still some (like me) who believe in Belgium! na!

I live in Brussels, French is my native language. But I always went to school in Flemish. In Uni I started in French (2years) and now I'm back in a Flemish uni.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
oh really, where did you live in Brussels?
you speak french? and where do you live now, if I may ask?
I lived in Etterbeek, to be more precise on Rue des Atrebates, I was close to Metro station Thieffry and Tram station Boilot (sp?)

My french is something I am not proud of, I can barely manage

I live now in Sweden

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)