A Bianconeri look at the Dery della Madonnina (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
The Derby della Madonnina is just around the corner (this weekend) and it promises to be one of the most exciting of derbies as both teams are firing on all cylinders. Milan came on top in their prestigeous European tie against Barcelona (1-0), whereas a 5-star Inter massacred Valencia (5-1) in their own Mestalla Stadium with Adriano having an impressive match.

But before getting excited about such a match we should handle our own usual business against Siena, placed 17th in the Serie A table, in the Stadio Franchi. Firing them down and adding another 3 points to our tally would be top priority, even though some fans would think it would be a good opportunity to rest our best players. Del Piero is back from injury but looked a bit rusty against Bayern. We need him to return to his best form to help us continue winning and marching on. So far we have won all our away matches and lets hope the tradition continues.

Back to the derby match. It promises to be a great night as the deadly Adriano faces his nemesis and cold-blooded Sheva. Costacurta's comments during the week that Adriano isn't better than Ronaldo just added more fire to this explosive encounter as Adriano promised that he would let his football do the talking.

Milan have dominated recent derbies as in the last 8 meetings Milan won 5, Inter winning only once, whereas 2 matches ended in a draw.

But which team do you think/ want to win? Personally I've always had a soft spot for Milan over Inter as I can't see myself cheering for the Nerazurri even if my life depended on it. But an Inter win would benefit Juve more seeing as it would stop Milan and would widen the gap with them. Currently we stand 3 points above Milan and 6 points above Inter. A draw would be an ideal result for Juve as both teams (serious title challengers) would be dropping 2 points during the weekend and would effectively nulify each other.

Give us your thoughts and predictions about this match.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
It's gonna be tough. Both teams are great, with some great players in their squads. As a Juventus fan, I'd like to end in a draw. :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'll be going for Inter, simply because an Inter win would benefit us the most. I know Inter aren't that far behind us, but they're Inter and I'm sure they're gonna start choking midway through the season and not pose a real threat to our scudetto hopes.

No doubt it'll be a great match though, hopefully with goals aplenty. I think it'll be a draw. But who knows, Milan could beat Inter on away goals :rolleyes::groan:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I'll be going for Inter, simply because an Inter win would benefit us the most. I know Inter aren't that far behind us, but they're Inter and I'm sure they're gonna start choking midway through the season and not pose a real threat to our scudetto hopes.

No doubt it'll be a great match though, hopefully with goals aplenty. I think it'll be a draw. But who knows, Milan could beat Inter on away goals :rolleyes::groan:
yup, that was my exact thought as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have a feeling Milan will win this Derby. Inter will think they are on top of the world after the Valencia win, and you know what that spells for them.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I will expect a win for AC Milan or a draw.

It will be best that both sides have many injuries during the game. Then it wears down our closest rivals.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
on second thought it might not be that bad to have milan win after all.it might just be a little too difficult for inter,while as long as we win against siena we'd still maintain the lead.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Inter's victory over valencia last wed, gave them Lots of credits , anyhow i can't see milan stoping adriano and vieri right now , 2-1 for inter is my prediction , but ofcoarse a draw would be the best result !

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    As long as we win I think it is going to be a good week for us.

But it's interesting to see how people think differently (some in favour of a Milan win, others in favour of an Inter win, but most agree that a draw would be the ideal result) :)

Anyway, let's hope we witness a beautiful match in La Scala of football.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Hope its a real physical game with lots of injuries. Wait thats a bit evil, maybe just a victory to Inter
    Materazzi makes a hard tackle on Shevcenko that resulted in the latter being carried out of the pitch and cant continue the game. Early diagnose confirmed that the Ukrainian would be out of action for 4 months.

Meanwhile, Stankovic and Adriano will be suspended for a bust up with Gattuso, for which Gattuso suffred a broken jaw and will be out for 4 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)