3rd Star or 3rd CL ? (1 Viewer)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Maybe I got you wrong Jem But:

3rd CL will not put another star on the shirt, it's the 30th scudetto will.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Hehe, I know that..
I was trying to build up momentum and then say: of course I'd like the Scudetto more!

But surprise surprise, I wanted the CL!

Basically, I was just trying to be funny :superhapp

(Edit: Removed the post now in case more people think I'm more of an idiot than I actually am!)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
we've been called to answer this question many many times....

i'll go for the CL.
the happiness will be waaaaaaaaaaay bigger!!
the star can wait for a year...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
DelpieroForLife said:
Again... What do ya THINK not WANT ;)

I think YOU should chill. :D

I think we'll disappoint again. the occassion will get to us, and arsenal will soak us up and ZAP us on the Counter attack. Out of C.L we go! More slagging down to Capello and the boys. Who we're gonna buy/sell. Who loves DP, How crap was Zlatan.

Think 29 Scudetto will be what we deserve!

THATS WHAT I THINK THINK THINK!!!! :D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i think we get 3rd star

3rd CL looks so far already this season, and i dont think we will win it in the next seasons as well with Capello.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This year we are disqualified already,
the 3rd star is coming in the next 2-3years max,
we wasted the chance to make a team for the CL,
our players will start to retire and no youngers under Capello will ever have the change to claim it again in the next 5years...

Jodiano

Dec 14, 2005
If things go the same way it's going now. We'll get the 3rd star and we'll have to wait till many things change so that we could get the 3rd CL.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Nah, filemon mou,

I'd say we have a 50-50 chance this year for a CL trophy. If we don't get it, I am sure we will replace the "weak" players for next year and grab the double 3. :)

Lo Scudetto is skill, CL is luck. To say that Juve are a bad side, because we've lost it in the final 3 times is ludicrous (not saying that you said that, amica mia)....a crap side wouldn't have made the finals.
We are the best side in the world ( when we are on).

But Lou, we suck right now

No question. That doesn't take away from the fact that we've been involved in 1/3 of the finals over the last decade. It is frustrating. What is more frustrating is that a side that knows they have no shot in their national competition (see Inter; Arsenal) can rest their better players and concentrate on CL.
Again, you want to see great calcio? How?

You allow only the top 2 teams from each league to compete. Most times that is going to cause a fierce battle between the #1 and #2 teams, and the #2 and #3 teams--improving the games in each domestic league (at least at the top).

OK, Lou, but how do you fill the spots, then?

Expand it. Make Champions League a true Champions League. Add teams from North/South America and Asia. Again--only the top 2. (For these countries, probably only the top 2 teams, ie, not like Europe which has more teams/countries involved because they have the best teams in the world--North America would have, say, the best 2 teams from the 3 countries---not 6 teams)

What a tournament that would be. It would become the club equivalent of the (country) WC.

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    Tifoso Lou said:
    Nah, filemon mou,

I'd say we have a 50-50 chance this year for a CL trophy. If we don't get it, I am sure we will replace the "weak" players for next year and grab the double 3. :)

Lo Scudetto is skill, CL is luck. To say that Juve are a bad side, because we've lost it in the final 3 times is ludicrous (not saying that you said that, amica mia)....a crap side wouldn't have made the finals.
    We are the best side in the world ( when we are on).

But Lou, we suck right now

No question. That doesn't take away from the fact that we've been involved in 1/3 of the finals over the last decade. It is frustrating. What is more frustrating is that a side that knows they have no shot in their national competition (see Inter; Arsenal) can rest their better players and concentrate on CL.
    Again, you want to see great calcio? How?

You allow only the top 2 teams from each league to compete. Most times that is going to cause a fierce battle between the #1 and #2 teams, and the #2 and #3 teams--improving the games in each domestic league (at least at the top).

OK, Lou, but how do you fill the spots, then?

Expand it. Make Champions League a true Champions League. Add teams from North/South America and Asia. Again--only the top 2. (For these countries, probably only the top 2 teams, ie, not like Europe which has more teams/countries involved because they have the best teams in the world--North America would have, say, the best 2 teams from the 3 countries---not 6 teams)

What a tournament that would be. It would become the club equivalent of the (country) WC.

I fully agree, CL was much more competitive when only two teams were allowed to compete...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)