007 (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Ok, I'll try to find that out.

A bunch of my friends are going to the City for new year's. I don't know how good of an idea is it though. They are gonna freeze their asses off at Times Square.
Ive been to NYC for new years like three years (2001, 2002, 2003) and its not that cold. Being in Times Square is pretty awesome, but if I were you Id go to PvD, DONT MISS THE CHANCE!!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Who cares, just go to the $65 one :D

That PlayStation Dual thing sounds pretty good, theyre gonna have Tiesto in L.A. the 31st too

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
But PvD in NYC is worth it. I just saw PvD is gonna be in Cancun jan 1st... in the best nightclub in latin america, its called The City

I wanna go to that one too! :down:

If you stay in Albany doing nothing on dec 31st Im gonna kill you

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
But PvD in NYC is worth it. I just saw PvD is gonna be in Cancun jan 1st... in the best nightclub in latin america, its called The City

I wanna go to that one too! :down:

If you stay in Albany doing nothing on dec 31st Im gonna kill you
I am too old and too lazy to do much... and people around me are too.

My German buddies are all going to the city though. If I could persuade them to go clubbing...

(did not work last time with PvD in Boston)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

I am too old and too lazy to do much... and people around me are too.

My German buddies are all going to the city though. If I could persuade them to go clubbing...

(did not work last time with PvD in Boston)
GO ALONE!

Yesterday I convinced like 10 people to go to Tiesto and they had a great time. At least go to nyc then

I think the next James Bond should be Pierce Brosnan

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
How about we do more on Bond than just finding the new actor, here are some questions for you.

Which is your favorite Bond movie and why?
Who was the best Bond?
Which movie had the best plot?
Are the older ones better than the new ones?
What are your favorite characters in the movies?
What is the most important thing that makes a Bond movie what it is?
add your question

Don't answer all just for the sake of answering, answer those questions you relate to and give some reasons for your choice too.

Best Bond movie: Goldeneye maybe
Best Bond: Roger Moore
Old or new ones: Like the old ones better, though I haven't seen the most recent ones
Important things: The stuff that features in every movie: cool technology, great ideas, awesome action scenes, humour, nice landscapes...

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
To be honest about this whole 'who should be the new Bond thing', im not trying to sound sarcastic when i mention Robbie Williams as James Bond, simply because he has this certain energy and hype he brings with being, him. And i think that could be a major positive. Bond movies have lost their charm to an extent. Tomorrow never dies and Die another day werent quite there imo. And the franchise hinges on this new movie. So whoever is cast is going to have to shoulder the responsibility of reviving the romanticism of being James Bond. With Robbie Williams, as seen above in some of your posts, its expectations or rather the lack of them that could well do the trick.
I didnt take your words as sarcastic. But I think that Robbie as Bond would be just disaster. That's right: he has this certain energy, he has charisma, he is a great showman. But also he is a clown, just a clown, and that's the main reason, why I cant see him as Bond. Besides: he is not good enough to play Bond and give him that role only to check him out? No, thanks.

Funny thing, how people see things differently: I wonder, what you meant by saying: reviving the romanticism of being James Bond. Cause no matter how much I try, I cant see any "the romanticism" in that role :)

btw: what means: the franchise hinges?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Albeit unconventional, Robbie would bring the unexpected with him. He wouldnt fit in to the role straight off imo, but hes got the energy to adapt to it in a sense. Thats jsut because the Bond movies have stagnated off late, they dont bring that sense of danger and on edge action like they did before. When i speak of reviving the romanticism of being Bond, i think with Connery and Moore, it was a lot less commercial, it was about their charm, character and wit that was keeping the bad guys on edge with his cool gadgets complementing the suave demeanour. Now, Pierce is outdone by the Aston Martins, the BMWs and the Sony Ericcsons. Besides the special effects have gone overboard. Earlier Bond would carry off life risking manoevers that maybe you'd somehow believe as a realistic scenario, but now? Its just a joke to see Pierce do those funny stunts, the case in point? ( the scene on the ice in die another day) :howler:

What i mean by the Franchise hinging on its new Bond, it means that the new Bond will pretty much define where James goes from hereon in...if not treated correctly, it could in all probability be the end of the worlds coolest secret agent.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #54
    I saw Robbie on tv show, he came on a Norwegian talk show. And I don't know if he was high or drunk or whatever but he sucked. The singing was crap, the interview really really crap and it doesn't seem like he has one fiber of showmanship in him.

He's off the list. :D

We're beating around the bush here, if there are no good Brit candidates, just give it to Will Smith, he'll handle it. :D Just as long as he goes under contract to drop that white/black agenda this ONE time, it's getting really predictable..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Or better still recruit one of our Indian Bollywood stars. They're used to melodrama. :D

Some names in case you guys want to do a google check: Hritik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan, Arjun Rampal, Milind Soman and John Abraham.

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)