• Willian Yes

• N

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Because i dont trust caceres nor peluso and Barzagli, as great as he is, only has a couple of seasons ahead of him. A guy like Howedes would be fantastic, weve got enough games to give 4 cbs decent playing time. The lwb would free up asamoah and we would have one of the most complete squads in football today.
Yeah, well a good backup CB. But the place where our first XI needs improvement is the SS spot (and well debatably LWB, but I adore Awesomer there).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: I say go for the SS this summer, backup CB like Diakite, and LWB backup. Asamoah is doing a fine job, and I'm not sure he'd be happy warming the bench.

Next summer, we can go for a Pirlo backup, or perhaps we can unearth one or two gems from our youth setup :boh:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Diakite, Poli, Jovetic. That should be our mercato. A reinforcement for our defence and midfield, and a complete upgrade to our attack with Jojo.

Hands down best team in Italy, and sure CL contender.

Do it Marotta.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, well a good backup CB. But the place where our first XI needs improvement is the SS spot (and well debatably LWB, but I adore Awesomer there).
Are you not understanding what I'm writing? Barzagli is almost 32 years old, this is his absolute peak. How fast the physicality deterioates varies from player to player, but 32-33 seems to be the general point where players (excluding the GK) start going down hill. Caceres is a capable backup, he's not a player I'm comfortable with playing two months in a row when Chiellini is out.

- - - Updated - - -

Diakite, Poli, Jovetic. That should be our mercato. A reinforcement for our defence and midfield, and a complete upgrade to our attack with Jojo.

Do it Marotta.
Fuck Poli, we do not need him. Get a LWB and untie Asamoah for the midfield.

edit: If we were to sell Giovinco ( :xfinger: ) then we should definitely focus on a Vucinic backup, but Vucinic isn't really where the team needs an upgrade or could be improved drastically. I know you won't agree with me, but I'm not sure that Sanchez nor Suarez could play the role Mirko is on our team. Neither of them have the physical capability of holding off defenders like he does.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Do it Marotta.
Very affordable mercato too. Still need at least a vice-LWB, we can't continue with DC.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Are you not understanding what I'm writing? Barzagli is almost 32 years old, this is his absolute peak. How fast the physicality deterioates varies from player to player, but 32-33 seems to be the general point where players (excluding the GK) start going down hill. Caceres is a capable backup, he's not a player I'm comfortable with playing two months in a row when Chiellini is out.
I actually didn't read the Barza part :embarasse

But fuck off, he has at least one good season and maybe many more. When he starts to look like he's declining, then we get the replacement since there are higher priorities. Bring back Sorensen as his vice for now.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, Barzagli still is the fastest player on the pitch most of the time. He ages good, he'll have 3 more top notch years imo.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I actually didn't read the Barza part :embarasse

But fuck off, he has at least one good season and maybe many more. When he starts to look like he's declining, then we get the replacement since there are higher priorities. Bring back Sorensen as his vice for now.
Fuck off yourself :D .

I don't understand where those priorities are higher? I would rather spend money on getting a capable backup for Llorente than a direct replacement for Vucinic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Barzagli still is the fastest player on the pitch most of the time. He ages good, he'll have 3 more top notch years imo.
I hope so, but I sincerely doubt it. No player have top notch years all the way into 35. Unless he is related to Zanetti, but that would be far fetched and disgusting.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Fuck Poli, we do not need him. Get a LWB and untie Asamoah for the midfield.

edit: If we were to sell Giovinco ( :xfinger: ) then we should definitely focus on a Vucinic backup, but Vucinic isn't really where the team needs an upgrade or could be improved drastically. I know you won't agree with me, but I'm not sure that Sanchez nor Suarez could play the role Mirko is on our team. Neither of them have the physical capability of holding off defenders like he does.
Poli is imminently coming to Juventus in the summer from what I hear.

Asamoah is too good to be warming the bench, and he's been doing a fine job as a LWB IMO.

I think Peluso/DC will be Asamoah's back-up for next season, just like this season.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's because you overrate Mirko. And we do have Llorente's backups in Matri and Crapirella, and we'll be lucky to get even one of them sold.

Improving the starting XI is obviously more important than improving the bench (which we're doing anyway since the former starters will now be bench players).

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Uhmm, why? How does that improve the team?
So you are honestly saying that as of now, Vucinic is the weakest link in our team? :D This might be the point where we misunderstand each other. If the discussion goes down that path it's without reason to continue.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because you overrate Mirko.

Improving the starting XI is obviously more important than improving the bench (which we're doing anyway since the former starters will now be bench players).
Yup, the discussion just went there. Have a fun evening in here :)

edit: You lot need to remember that Llorente isn't exactly the luckiest player when it comes to injuries. Playing without him for stretches of the season should be expected.

2nd edit: I'm fairly sure we won't go for any of these targets, Conte is head over heels for Vucinic and I doubt there will be another player starting in his spot before he's too old to do his thing. That might upset some people, but I'm all aboard that train. No need to invest heavily when we've got a quality player on the spot.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
So you are honestly saying that as of now, Vucinic is the weakest link in our team? :D This might be the point where we misunderstand each other. If the discussion goes down that path it's without reason to continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, the discussion just went there. Have a fun evening in here :)

edit: You lot need to remember that Llorente isn't exactly the luckiest player when it comes to injuries. Playing without him for stretches of the season should be expected.
My point is, why improve the bench when you could improve the starting 11? Nothing wrong with Vucinic being a backup anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)