Are we ugly? (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yesterday evening was indeed a "serata fantastica", but it wasn't exactly one of those evenings that will go down in Champions League history. Juventus-Real Madrid two years ago will.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy we beat Real, I'm just disappointed in the way we did it. Two years ago we humiliated them, playing the most beautiful football I had ever seen. Yesterday we waited and waited only to strike when the oppurtunity came up. We didn't impress at all, but managed to get a maximum result with a minimum of attacking plays and effort.

I'm a bit disappointed our team has become not so beautiful to watch. Yes, I know, Juventus is Italian. But Juventus was Italian two years ago as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We may have not played good football, but I'd rather us beat Real than play entertaining and lose....

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
    We may have not played good football, but I'd rather us beat Real than play entertaining and lose....
    Everyone does, but as a Juventus-supporter I expect more. I want us to win in style. Just winning IS NOT ENOUGH.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

With Nedved out, Juve were hopless infront of goal few weeks ago, which lead to losing the 8 pt lead. So Cap decided to opt with the Trident attack, which is new to the team. However, the trident attack is taking shape slowly. So you couldnt really expect the trident to blow away ever spectator. We'll be back to playing good football in few weeks time.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

With Nedved out, Juve were hopless infront of goal few weeks ago, which lead to losing the 8 pt lead. So Cap decided to opt with the Trident attack, which is new to the team. However, the trident attack is taking shape slowly. So you couldnt really expect the trident to blow away ever spectator. We'll be back to playing good football in few weeks time.
    Back? We haven't been there yet this season.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    Yesterday evening was indeed a "serata fantastica", but it wasn't exactly one of those evenings that will go down in Champions League history. Juventus-Real Madrid two years ago will.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy we beat Real, I'm just disappointed in the way we did it. Two years ago we humiliated them, playing the most beautiful football I had ever seen. Yesterday we waited and waited only to strike when the oppurtunity came up. We didn't impress at all, but managed to get a maximum result with a minimum of attacking plays and effort.

I'm a bit disappointed our team has become not so beautiful to watch. Yes, I know, Juventus is Italian. But Juventus was Italian two years ago as well.
    this is Juve style.exactly the style that makes the other teams' fans mad.and I wanna admit that I like it.
    who cares about a beautiful Barca when they sacked easily...
    the NAME OF THE WINNER will remain forever.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Back? We haven't been there yet this season.
    I meant giving the trident attack some time, till the players get used to it. But i think Cap will go back to 4-4-2 when Nedved is back.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I think we played entertaining football last night. We finally looked like we were playing with urgency, and even though we might not have created a whole lot I still believe we played well. Of course we are not going to be able to play like Barca or AC Milan because we don't have the players, so we make due with what we have.

I think we played some good football last night, and whether its ugly or not is your own opinion. I for one thought we made some nice moves, especially on an individual level, and it was one of the most exciting matches we played all season. For our capability we played good football, although it was a pretty tight match.

Now when looking at the entire season we have played some pretty ugly football, however solid and consistent at the back. Of course it's rather difficult to be both at the same time, however we chose the latter and that has given us good results this season.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    We are coming from a very bad season last year. The team needs to win a title this year in order to be back on its feet.

Capello is here with a target and it is known that the team cannot both entertain and win considering what we have as players.

IMO one title this year is enough to make a small change for next year and then things will change course

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I think it was entertaining all along. We won with style ;) could and shouldve been like 4-0 to us!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think we're ugly in our play at times, but not because of the reasons at the start of the thread. To start with, i think we built up a lot against Madrid, only our finishing was lacking. We were going at them with some consistency, and were the better team for 75% of the time we were out there. The attack, was definitely wasteful up front, but having said that, some of the moves were pretty spectacular. There was definitely some beautiful football on the night and quite frequently produced as well. We played with purpose, and didnt give up, which was most important. I think this result may seem like we had to really grind it out, but in truth, the way we performed, it was there for the taking.

Mar 6, 2005
    I think that the match agains Real Merda was very entertaining, especially with Zlatan down the left flank.. I think that since he came here, Zlatan has contributed to the "entertaining" factor of our game greatly, and some of his moves were just :eek: wow!

Aug 27, 2003
    I dont really think we play "ugly" football, Juventus would have their good times and their bad! but no team could give you a full entertaning match! no one!
    I for one really enjoyed the match agaisnt real not becuase we won but becuase its those matches that keep you waiting till tat whistle blows

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Personally, no matter how unentertaining or bad Juve play, I still don't get bored, and I'll watch the whole match.......

I just love watching my team playing....... that might be just me but...

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tell this to the brazillians in 1982 when they were the best ever brazilian team in the history of there WC participation, but who won the title?
    ITALIA
    victory is the thing it really matters in the soccer world

Dec 27, 2003
    Italy in 82 played great football after the group stage. 4 years before in Argentina, most pundits agreed on saying it was the most entertaining team of the tournament.

Those who think Italian teams can only play defensive in the CL need to check their facts.

Inter has scored more goals than anyone in this CL (except maybe Lyon after the other night).

The largest goal difference to be registered in a CL final was 4 goals. It was done by Real in 58, Bayern in the 70's and TWICE by Milan (89 and 94), who incidentally also beat Cruyff's Ajax 4-1 in the 69 final.

Under Sacchi's management in the late 80's and early 90's, that same Milan team has played the most spectacular football since Cruyff's Ajax. No one has even come close to that level of play since, as anyone who has had the privilege of witnessing them demolish the likes of Real Madrid 5-0 without letting them cross the half-line once in 90 mins will acknowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)