Quagliarella fired up for Napoli clash (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Fabio Quagliarella is relishing this weekend’s visit of former club Napoli to Juventus Stadium.
The 29-year-old enjoyed a successful season with his hometown team before moving to Juventus in 2010.
But any affection for the Partenopei will go out of the window when both early front-runners vie for Serie A supremacy on Saturday night.
Speaking to Sky and Mediaset, the striker commented: “It will be a great game, but not decisive, given that the championship has just begun.
“Napoli are growing exponentially and can compete for the Scudetto. They’ve already shown this by narrowly missing out on the Champions League quarter-finals last year.
“We know that we’ll come up against a team who can cause danger and give us difficulty at any time during the game. This is why we’ll need to pay attention all the way through until the end.”
Fabio, whose goals saw him become a popular figure in Naples during the 2009/10 campaign, believes both fans and players will be eyeing revenge for August’s Super Cup final defeat.
“Napoli fans deserve to see a team fighting for the Scudetto. Knowing what the environment is like over there, they’ll be fired up for the encounter.
“Tension is all part of the build-up and it’s always there for important matches. But once you take to the field you’re purely focused on the game itself.”
The striker’s recent goalscoring form has placed him firmly back in contention for a starting role in Saturday’s top of the table showdown.
And he insists that he is ready to make his contribution to the cause.
“I’ve felt good in this recent period and the goals against Chelsea and Chievo have given me a boost. We’ll see, I’m always available.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)