The fallen giant (1 Viewer)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Leeds United must start the League One season with a 15-point deduction after receiving their Football League share.

The Whites have been trying to secure the share in time to begin the new campaign next weekend against Tranmere Rovers.

But in order to take up their spot in League One for the coming season, Dennis Wise's Leeds must accept a 15-point penalty.

An appeal has been lodged with the Football League, with Leeds releasing a statement to confirm the announcement.

Appeal

"We are pleased to announce that the board of the Football League Ltd have agreed to transfer the share in the Football League to Leeds United 2007 Ltd," read the statement.

"The Football League have transferred the share in 'exceptional circumstances' and have imposed a 15-point penalty for the start of the 2007/08 season.

"The club have appealed against this sanction. The timescale for the appeal is not yet known.

"The club has received an amount of criticism from supporters for not keeping them up to date with developments during what has been a very difficult time for us all.

"We appreciate this policy was difficult for fans to accept, but please be assured that this was done in the best interests of Leeds United which is justified by the return of the share.

"We are now planning the appeal and we are able to complete the squad rebuilding for the 2007/08 season, albeit with only one week to go before our first League One game at Tranmere."

Leeds chairman Ken Bates told Sky Sports News: "We are delighted we are back in the league. We are surprised it has taken so long.

"We intend to appeal against the 15-point deduction because we have still to

have an explanation for that."

p.s one leeds fan e-mailed in about his outrage with this decision and questioned why leeds were penalised more than those involved with italy's recent match fixing, it made me want to hunt his address and tell him that it wasnt leeds that was forced to relegation and deducted originally 30 points, then 15 and then 9, then i went on to think, well perhaps leeds got off lightly since italian clubs in the past who have been put into administration have been forced to start from the lowest professional division, like fiorentina and napoli of recent years, yet if u ask me leeds got off lightly with just a point deduction, and the retarded leeds fan who wrote the e-mail to sky sports news about his pathetic moan, should of done his homework.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adzke

May 19, 2007
p.s one leeds fan e-mailed in about his outrage with this decision and questioned why leeds were penalised more than those involved with italy's recent match fixing, it made me want to hunt his address and tell him that it wasnt leeds that was forced to relegation and deducted originally 30 points, then 15 and then 9, then i went on to think, well perhaps leeds got off lightly since italian clubs in the past who have been put into administration have been forced to start from the lowest professional division, like fiorentina and napoli of recent years, yet if u ask me leeds got off lightly with just a point deduction, and the retarded leeds fan who wrote the e-mail to sky sports news about his pathetic moan, should of done his homework.
Your point being?

OP
Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #5
    tbh i think we were quite lucky with the case against us and how strong it was.
    some might say we got off lightly, but leeds certainly have when you consider what the punishments are for going into admin in italy, as napoli and fiorentina found out, but at the same time all leeds have lost is -15, unlike us who lost millions through sponsorship,valuable players, clean titles, etc... and theres this leeds fan thinking that they have paid more heavily than juve. If only he knew. :disagree:
    god it was not so long ago leeds would compete in the cl, and now? 3rd division, sounds like another nottingham forrest to me

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    Leeds United must start the League One season with a 15-point deduction after receiving their Football League share.

The Whites have been trying to secure the share in time to begin the new campaign next weekend against Tranmere Rovers.

But in order to take up their spot in League One for the coming season, Dennis Wise's Leeds must accept a 15-point penalty.

An appeal has been lodged with the Football League, with Leeds releasing a statement to confirm the announcement.

Appeal

"We are pleased to announce that the board of the Football League Ltd have agreed to transfer the share in the Football League to Leeds United 2007 Ltd," read the statement.

"The Football League have transferred the share in 'exceptional circumstances' and have imposed a 15-point penalty for the start of the 2007/08 season.

"The club have appealed against this sanction. The timescale for the appeal is not yet known.

"The club has received an amount of criticism from supporters for not keeping them up to date with developments during what has been a very difficult time for us all.

"We appreciate this policy was difficult for fans to accept, but please be assured that this was done in the best interests of Leeds United which is justified by the return of the share.

"We are now planning the appeal and we are able to complete the squad rebuilding for the 2007/08 season, albeit with only one week to go before our first League One game at Tranmere."

Leeds chairman Ken Bates told Sky Sports News: "We are delighted we are back in the league. We are surprised it has taken so long.

"We intend to appeal against the 15-point deduction because we have still to

have an explanation for that."

When it comes to English fans - Ignorance is bliss!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)