"Come ti chiami?" (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We all know how first lessons in foreign languages go..

Who of you speaks Italian, who is studying Italian and who doesn't give a fvck? I'm studying Italian at the university of Antwerp.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
We all know how first lessons in foreign languages go..

Who of you speaks Italian, who is studying Italian and who doesn't give a fvck? I'm studying Italian at the university of Antwerp.
Bravo, amico mio. :D

Italian and Genovese dialect :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't speak it, I don't study it. Recently I found a language course on cds and I've been listening to that on and off. From seeing the language in print over the years, I understand simple sentences and I'm learning, albeit very slowly.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I don't speak it, I don't study it. Recently I found a language course on cds and I've been listening to that on and off. From seeing the language in print over the years, I understand simple sentences and I'm learning, albeit very slowly.
Which CD set?

Is it any good, amico mio?

I've been thinking of getting one for my kids. :)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by VecchiaGuardia ] ++
I'm studying Italian because i'm going to study medicine in Italy , I'll be off to Rome in February to begin an Italian language course there. so wish me luck ;)
Great stuff! good luck with that. You study that medicine boy, and help the unfortunate. If that dont work there is always your local Mcdonalds, i hear they're recruiting staff for xmas. :D ...........just a thought!

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
I'm studying Italian because i'm going to study medicine in Italy , I'll be off to Rome in February to begin an Italian language course there. so wish me luck ;)
Congratulations, dottore:D

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Io, io parlo italiano!!!:D

In bocca al lupo (you have to say "crepi il lupo", because otherwise it brings bad luck)!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm studying Italian (rounding off four years in a couple of weeks time) AND I don't give a fvck anymore. Does it qualify? :D

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    TBH it's all pretty easy right now. For now I find Italian words a lot easier to learn than French or German words. I did study Latin for six years (which gives me an advantage) and I've been to Italy an awful lot, which means I already mastered some of the basics.

I'm probably going to Rome in february with our group, provided they're alright. And after my studies in Belgium I'll probably study for another year in Rome (with Erasmus) as well. It's a shame I'm not too fond of Rome, but since I study history as my maior I haven't got that many options.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

I'm studying Italian (rounding off four years in a couple of weeks time) AND I don't give a fvck anymore. Does it qualify? :D
    Of course it does :D.

Did you actually study it before you went to Italy or did you learn it by imitating? TBH the latter's a lot more fun :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Of course it does :D.

Did you actually study it before you went to Italy or did you learn it by imitating? TBH the latter's a lot more fun :D
    Both. I studied it for 2.5 years before going to Italy, then I spent 6 months in the Naples area and now I'm in my final 6 months of studying the language, which will end in a couple of weeks' time.

You need to live there a while in order to perfectionise. They don't teach you words like "Cafone trapano" in school. That's back-alley Naples stuff ;)

TBH it's all pretty easy right now. For now I find Italian words a lot easier to learn than French or German words. I did study Latin for six years (which gives me an advantage) and I've been to Italy an awful lot, which means I already mastered some of the basics.
    Yeah just you wait till they start hitting you with the grammar...

I'm probably going to Rome in february with our group, provided they're alright. And after my studies in Belgium I'll probably study for another year in Rome (with Erasmus) as well. It's a shame I'm not too fond of Rome, but since I study history as my maior I haven't got that many options.
    Study in Rome? Yikes. Wouldn't want to trade places with you mate. Well have fun in February anyway :)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm studying Italian, as I have to a moderate degree over the past several years. I switched from a teacher from Rome to one from Viareggio, so fortunately with my accent I sound more Toscana than Romanista. :rolleyes:

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18

You need to live there a while in order to perfectionise. They don't teach you words like "Cafone trapano" in school. That's back-alley Naples stuff ;)
    I was kind of considering doing that ;).

Yeah just you wait till they start hitting you with the grammar...
    I've had grammar every single day in high school. I'm not even aware of the fact that there are things outside grammar, so I probably won't care :).

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    I'm studying Italian, as I have to a moderate degree over the past several years. I switched from a teacher from Rome to one from Viareggio, so fortunately with my accent I sound more Toscana than Romanista. :rolleyes:
    Toscana's just too mellow.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I was kind of considering doing that ;).
    Still felt I needed to point it out :D

I've had grammar every single day in high school. I'm not even aware of the fact that there are things outside grammar, so I probably won't care :).
    You ain't had Italian grammar yet though. French was a walk in the park compared to it... :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)